invalid session

shep

why do I get "invalid sessions" quite often? What in blazes am I doing wrong? :?

wistful_dementia

Does that happen when you try to post? That happens to me when I write a long post and it times out on me. I just hit the back arrow, highlight and copy my posting and then just repost the message in a new posting widow.

shep

It just happened again as I attempted to thank you for your reply. I'm embarrassed to say that there are countless 1st graders who know far more than I do about these things (computers) and all I was able to manage was the highlighting. I then hit the "submit" button again and it just went to "invalid session" again as it may well do when I try to send this one so I'm sure that I missed a step.

Anonymous

I used to take those invalid sessions really personally. 8O It was awful, and still i dont have a clue as to what happens. I just now tried to respond to a post and have done everything i've done before when i got that invalid stuff, but it's not working for me today. Well, i might as well quit casue i doubt this will go through either. :lol: It's weard cause i dont think what i have to say is of any importance, but it just makes ya frustrated when it dosnt go through :x We shall see.... :wink:

shep

thanks for the reply scardecat, nice to hear from you. Yeah, it's real disappointing when I get past the "self doubt phase" and decide to hit the send button only to get the "invalid session" pronouncement. I see that you have run into the same problem. Wistful gave me some instructions but I'm at the level of a beginner with computers so I tanked it on my first attempt. It seems to happen on lengthy posts (all the more frustrating) and so far, the only thing that works for me is if I type as though someone is holding a gun to my head. :?

lonelycody

I've had it come up invalid session even on a short reply. I try to be as quick as I can though. Once I only typed about 4 lines and it wouldn't work.

Anonymous

:lol: Cant help but get chuckles out of these posts.....i can see us and our "issues" trying to beat the clock and get our posts posted......but on the other hand, not sure we want to post in the first place, then getting the stubborn,,,,,,,I CAN DO THIS attitude, only to get that dreaded invalid session....how funny it is to me....Ok, im easly hummored, but that part is ok by me :wink: