interview

LazyHermitCrab

i'm almost 20 and never had a job before, so i thought i should try to get one. finally, i got an interview. on the phone i sounded clear and maybe it's why they decided to give me a chance. a couple days passed and by the morning of the interview i was all shaky and my voice got stiff. then i got to the interview and the moment he shook my hand my brain turned into ice. some of my answers made scense and some just were thought up out of nowhere. he looked really confused over one of my answers. he even asked if i was nervous. my friend works there and told the manager she knew me and thought i would do great. the thing is when im with her i am more calm and fun. today i just seemed like a nervous robot with a problem. i sent a thank you letter because i read it could help. it lasted for around ten minutes. now i have to wait it's heartbreaking ::(: i guess just looking for someone who has experianced this but it would be nice if it came out positively ::eek::

Ignace

Congratulations !:D I think you got a great chance. :) A lot of people are nevous with job interviews, so why wouldn't he pick you ?

mrb

at least you have a freind there , so she will put in a good word for you , and if you get the job she will help you lol ....... be strong hope you get the job , it all might work out great :)

Waybuloo

I'm always nervous for interviews, but all people are. I've watched myself nervous on tape and I didnt' look that nervous, so you might not either. I've also seen interviewers nervous too, so it is more common than you think. It is a common worry that you are going through as well, welcome to the world of life lol.

LazyHermitCrab

I got pretty nervous for my interview too... but I was recommended as well - It worked out for some reason :p

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you :) when the interview asked if i knew the person i just said "yes" should have said something more interesting....

LazyHermitCrab

I'm always nervous for interviews, but all people are. I've watched myself nervous on tape and I didnt' look that nervous, so you might not either. I've also seen interviewers nervous too, so it is more common than you think. It is a common worry that you are going through as well, welcome to the world of life lol.

you had to go on tape?? scary ::(:. i think i seemed weird along with nervousness..i'm not sure i would hire myself if i didn't know myself lol

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

at least you have a freind there , so she will put in a good word for you , and if you get the job she will help you lol ....... be strong hope you get the job , it all might work out great :)

just went running so everything feels better :) lol guess i'll save the tears for later if it's a fact i didn't get it hah..

Richey

good luck, hope you get the job! :)

i am going through the same situation at the moment. i sounded great on the phone but i'm not sure how i'll go during the interview next week. they always ask questions that i may not have thought about so i have to pause and think and still sound really assured etc ..last time i had an interview it went really horrible. the person interviewing me was really arrogant and would start saying "why did you do this" .."why did you stick with your previous job for so long" in smarmy tone of voice, he was a bit vapid. ...and started to ask really leftfield questions ...i knew that i probably wouldn't be a chance half way through the interview . after that i started to lose belief in myself and started wondering why i should bother even applying for jobs anymore if this is how they are going to end up. but i suppose its a mixture of luck and practice. but i'm finding it very difficult, probably alot more difficult then you'd realise.

i end up in a state of panic which really causes my mind to go haywire before an interview...especially if its a formal one in an office where everyone looks the same and self-assured ....but i am really sensitive and over-analyse everything in a negative way which is just the worst thing to do. alot of the jobs i've had interviews for were advertised so they have alot of applicants being interviewed which is part of the reason i hardly ever get chosen. of course they will go with the uber-confident expert candidate over someone just giving it their best shot but not impressing etc

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

good luck, hope you get the job! :)

i am going through the same situation at the moment. i sounded great on the phone but i'm not sure how i'll go during the interview next week. they always ask questions that i may not have thought about so i have to pause and think and still sound really assured etc ..last time i had an interview it went really horrible. the person interviewing me was really arrogant and would start saying "why did you do this" .."why did you stick with your previous job for so long" in smarmy tone of voice, he was a bit vapid. ...and started to ask really leftfield questions ...i knew that i probably wouldn't be a chance half way through the interview . after that i started to lose belief in myself and started wondering why i should bother even applying for jobs anymore if this is how they are going to end up. but i suppose its a mixture of luck and practice. but i'm finding it very difficult, probably alot more difficult then you'd realise.

i end up in a state of panic which really causes my mind to go haywire before an interview...especially if its a formal one in an office where everyone looks the same and self-assured ....but i am really sensitive and over-analyse everything in a negative way which is just the worst thing to do. alot of the jobs i've had interviews for were advertised so they have alot of applicants being interviewed which is part of the reason i hardly ever get chosen. of course they will go with the uber-confident expert candidate over someone just giving it their best shot but not impressing etc

Good luck! :) i felt the same way halfway through the interview like why even try :( it sucks getting turned down over and over and then trying to act optimistic. excercising beforehand seems like it would be a good idea. i did this after the interview. And don't drink too much coffee, which i thought would help me think clearer. just trembled more ahhhh. :D also how can you stay at a job for too long? it shows youre reliable to the company hah..

Luke1993

This is very good to hear and regardless if you get it ornot you should be proud and take it in your stride!

One little question if I may! You said that the interviewer asked you if you were nervous, what was your answer?

LazyHermitCrab

This is very good to hear and regardless if you get it ornot you should be proud and take it in your stride!

One little question if I may! You said that the interviewer asked you if you were nervous, what was your answer?

yup yup :) first interview in real life, the others have been phone interviews. when he asked i said "yes hahaa kinda" nervously heh