Interesting response to hand sweating

Sprawling

I was reading an article about the Sympathetic Nervous System
Sympathetic Nervous System - My Excessive Sweating

This was a positive response to excessive sweating problem. It's something I advocate. I find that telling or warning others about our hand sweat can actually reduce our anxiety about it.

Here's what this person wrote:

"First off, I want to thank you sooo much for your brave and rational approach to this mysterious condition. Which like yourself, I too suffer from, hands, feet and armpits. I have had my hyper-hydrosis for as long as I can remember. Yeah, it bothers me. Yeah, I hate shaking or holding hands with others or high-fiving for that matter. Those that don’t have this condition or know about it, don’t seem to understand nor care.

So, you KNOW what! They can get lost. I was born this condition, I cannot control it. I can change it with ETS, but I’ll get CS elsewhere. Which to me, is worse. So, I just have to embrace my sweaty self and adapt to different situations.

I’m still an awesome person and very able. Matter of fact! The next job interview I have, I will be courageous enough to forewarn the interviewer about my condition. (This way, I’m not dreading and thinking about the handshake after the interview, rather than selling myself) It’s better to be honest with people about it, because in the end I would rather you know about me as a person and my strengths. And if you choose not to give me the job or a 2nd date because of my sweaty palms. Oh freaking well! There are people out there who will understand and appreciate me.

“It makes ME/US special almost, so i tell myself.” I totally agree, I feel as though, in an odd sort of way that my hyper-hydrosis makes me unique. (Call me crazy, I guess)
“(YOU) I have to adapt and be consistent in order to overcome this.” And yes! YOU truly have to adapt and strengthen your resolve to not let this stupid condition control your life."

Fruit

Hi Sprawling,

Thank you for this post! I agree with the person who wrote this.

Mostly I tried to hide my sweating, but this actually makes things very awkward and uncomfortable for myself.

Now I mostly wear gloves. I even wear these gloves to job interviews. Sometimes it's very difficult, but I feel so much better with gloves on.

Sprawling

I thought about wearing gloves in the past. Now I'm able just to tell someone I have HH.
Funny thing: My housemate's niece who is now living with us happens to have hand and feet sweating. She never knew what it was called and never looked into any kind of treatment.

I told her about Ionto and this is what I use to control it. Since she has MS amongst other neurological issues having current through her is not the best option. The palmer HH never seemed to stop her from living life. She's in her early 40's. An amazing positive person despite what she has to live with.