Inspirational Quote - Conan O'Brien

Pookah

For some reason this really got to me when he said this tonight, the last night he was to host the tonight show due to some crappy **** going down at NBC.

I can tell by his mannerisms and such that he is a good man. He was close to tearing up as he spoke and I just felt weirdly connected to the whole thing.

YouTube - Conan O'brien Says goodbye to the tonight show and to NBC(last show as tonight show host)

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism – it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

Nack

Banned
It was too soon... But what he said is true, you're not going to get what you want. Things will come unexpectedly. You have to be patient and have a open mind, because beautiful things will come to you if you do.

I watched this last night. I can't believe it was his last show! Conan O'Brien is hilarious. The best part was when Will Ferrell sang Free Bird.

I'm not sure, but it made me laugh out loud.
banana_smiley_19.gif
free bird!

I used to watch Conan a lot when he still did his Late Night show, but when he moved to the Tonight Show, I kind of forgot to watch.
To be honest, I only really tuned in last night because I heard that Neil Young was going to be on (how amazing was he?!?!). But when he did that speech, I couldn't help but feel for him. He totally took the moral high ground there, when he could have said anything about NBC totally screwing him over. It reminded me why I used to love him so much! He's immensely funny, and such a great, genuine person....I'm not too worried about his future.