Imagine you have unlimited money. Post what you would do!

Pookah

I got the idea from The Introvert's thread and MandyMouse. I am nothing if not materialistic. http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/if-you-won-50-million-27298/

This is what I posted.

Well, they will take millions for taxes. Then my family gets a cut. Then I build my own victorian style mansion on extensive grounds in a foresty area. With a library/study/indoor pool/small movie theater. Security and such too. Then build family houses surrounding mine in our own little development. I might even have a stone wall perimeter and a moat. :p Have some horses (not to ride) and other pets.

Then I buy every delicious electronics product I want, video games, platforms, computers, netbooks, tvs, dvd players etc. Commission artists from deviantart I admire to paint paintings for me of stuff I like, sculptures etc.

Buy all organic foods, have a garden and greenhouse, have wonderful relaxing landscaping.

Regency/Victorian English, Japanese, Chinese, Italian & Indian styles incorporated. Maybe themed rooms or something.

Adopt some kids. Donate to charity.

Get a full body extensive MRI scan & medical workup because something that good can't happen and me not die suddenly. :p

Make sure to make the rest of the money safe/productive. Maybe in businesses.

Too detailed? I have thought of this before believe me....

waddesdon_manor.jpg

Cali08.jpg

Last edited:

coyote

I would give everything I have away. Then travel, live in hotels, etc. Just buy what I need, when I need it, and get rid of it just as fast 'cuz I wouldn't need to keep anything.

Totally free!

Pookah

I would give everything I have away. Then travel, live in hotels, etc. Just buy what I need, when I need it, and get rid of it just as fast 'cuz I wouldn't need to keep anything.

Totally free!

Ah, nomad eh?

EscapeArtist

Totally free!
Oh wow. You've given me a new respect for the power of money. -Bows-

I'd probably spend a part of it to design and make the perfect mobile house. No, not a mobile home, mind you. But an actual mobile house.

A super computer is also on top of my list. Which would also go into the mobile house. you know, to play Super tetris on. :rolleyes:

After that I'd probably follow in Coyote's footsteps. Without the giving everything away part. ^W^; With a vehicle as big as the Death Star.. And with a super computer.. And super tetris..

And a lifetime suply of pizza, probably.

mrb

buy the pub down the rd :D hmmmmmmm maybes not such a good idea :rolleyes: you would never see me again :D

Fighter86

Maybe build a super beautiful house? And probably take up a driving license and get a really posh car...and BUY THE SHOPS EMPTY! :D And oh, hire lots of help so they can keep the place nice and tidy ;)

lyricalliaisons

I would buy an old Victorian style house in a very nice & quiet neighborhood for me & my mom. I would get an elevator or a lift installed so that my mom could go upstairs if she wanted. I would buy her any kind of equipment she needs to give her a better quality of life. I would pay off all of my bills, & hers, too. I would give some to family. I would get myself thoroughly tested & diagnosed to see what's really wrong with me. I would travel all over the world & buy a house in Scotland, England, Russia, possibly Italy, & possibly Ireland. I would buy a place in Cape Cod, Massachusetts & one in Salem Massachusetts. I would buy a big piece of land in the country in my own state (Ohio) & I would buy all kinds of animals & raise them as pets (though outdoors in stables, etc.) & I would turn it into a petting zoo in the Autumn, & Spring. I would start some kind of non-profit outreach organization to try to help people like myself who have no income, health insurance, or means of getting help.

I would do a LOT more but it would take forever to write everything down lol.

KiaKaha

Banned
Unlimited money? Thats rather a lot...if I had unlimited money I would probably use it so I wouldnt have to deal with other people or the constraints of life. It would be total freedom. If I had that much I would give a lot of it away to causes I deem worthy.

Oh and I would by myself a ps3...

Pookah

Unlimited money? Thats rather a lot...if I had unlimited money I would probably use it so I wouldnt have to deal with other people or the constraints of life. It would be total freedom. If I had that much I would give a lot of it away to causes I deem worthy.

Oh and I would by myself a ps3...

I chose unlimited because to me, anything over 100 million is pretty much "unlimited" by my standards. I have no ambition of starting huge corporations or anything. But, I am the type who eventually gets bored on sim games and does god mode, uses cheats for unlimited money and then destroys everything just to see the limits of the game. It is nice to think of what I would do if I didn't have limits, beyond life itself of course. It is simple daydreaming.

Treat my sick parents and after they are well, move out and start my work.

Get a very strong financial base and keep buying property and increase my own resources. Improve my intellect to the level of a genius. Find a way to extend my own life to a few hundred years or even a millennium. Change my genetic makeup to become much stronger.

Establish my own entertainment company and a research institute. Make shelters for the poor and homeless. Sponsor groundbreaking advances in green technology and truly sustainable growth. Campaign for animal and human rights. Get a few morally sound people as apprentices so that they can continue my work after I'm dead.

Oh.. and get married if I find someone.

I've always loved the idea of buying unlimited land and taking in as many unwanted animals as possible! I'd be in my element looking after animals so i'd buy as much land as possible to make sure i can do that. And i'd also give money to as many animal charities as possible!

Fantastic idea! But you'll really need help with all of those animals, so count me in.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'd lose control, become a compulsive buyer... hoard so many stuff that I'd drown in them. Definitely not healthy.