I'm tired of trying with people...rant...

S_Spartan

Sorry for the rant guys I just really need to get this out today. I try with people, I really do. I'm nice. I listen to their problems. All I ask in return is just a little respect and that apparently is TOO MUCH to ask in this day and age. If it isn't all about them then they could care less and find the next sucker to listen to them. I've been dealing with this for years.

A good example is this past week when me and my best friend got into an argument on the phone because she wants me to come visit her, which I did last year, but she is completely unwilling to come visit me even though she has the means to do so. She basically just doesn't feel like it.

It's this "you are good enough to spend a ton of money to come visit me but not good enough for me to make the effort to visit you" thing and that really hurts. But this is what I've gotten all my life. "Friends" who really don't care if I'm there or not but when they need me.

Multiply this by 100 and you have my life!

I'm tired of people making 0 effort to show that I matter when I try to make them feel wanted.

I'm tired of being taken for granted.

I'm tired of listening to people's problems

I'm tired of being ignored when I go out of my way to not make people feel the same.

I'm tired of being used.

I'm tired of people expecting 100 percent from me but only giving like 10 percent(if I'm lucky)!

I'm tired of it being "all about them"

I'm tired of trying to cheer people up or talk them down off of ledges when NOBODY will do that for me.

I'm tired of empty promises.

I'm tired of inflated attitudes.

I know this is a SA board and we are supposed to be thinking positive about interacting with people but, I got to tell ya, people make it hard. It's no wonder I have SA when people have been this cruel!

So there's my rant. I'm sorry folks for it being so negative but I just had a really bad week and I had to get this out. I really do think that I will take some time and no more emails, no phone calls, no texting and just go off by myself for a while. It's not even like I have many friends but in reality they aren't friends they are only there when they need something or are bored.
It just really breaks my heart that to get anywhere in this world it looks like I will have to learn to be an a****** and learn to "play the game." Sigh.

End of rant

DukeOtakuNukem

Same here, I have tried to interact with people, and engage in activities *they* enjoy, expecting nothing in return, but frowned at when I have to leave to get my paper for English written. Humans are the worst, it just seems as if one is better off interacting with a robot rather than a real person. I much rather have a robot friend than a real one, since I'll never get treated like ****, and I can have it be what I want it to be.

vanillabear

-pat pat- I totally understand, I've had really toxic friendships with people like that too and have always wondered whether it's worth it to hold onto these people just to have a "friend"..

neardeath

The last two weeks have been eye-opening for me with this sort of thing. I have been nice too long! I give up. Could totally relate. I'm going to keep my OLD friends.

Good. It's important to realize when people take your for granted and walk all over you. It's also important that you make sure those exact people know it. Sometimes you need to verbally kick certain friends in the butt to make them realize you're not just a tool for their convenience.

I have the same thoughts in my head, exactly.

Isn't it funny how us SA types are really too nice? Why can't everyone be like us?

I think we're the normal ones, for being decent to others, while the rest of the world stands in judgment of each other, only looking through their eyes of conceit and arrogance.

If everyone I met was cool, my SA would likely go away. It's the ignorance of other people, and their disrespect that makes me want to stay home.

S_Spartan

It seems that the people in my life have two modes:
Vampire mode - where they try to suck whatever they can from you.
Ignore mode - Where you aren't worth their time.
Some people alternate between the two.

I feel for you man. People make it really hard to have any confidence or self esteem in this area. And they cruelly refuse to care about the people who actually need it.

Don't feel like you're not good enough or you're not enough for others to treat you well. You are. People unfortunately can't be made to see it. You just have to be you and let it come to you. Only do nice things if that's really you.