I'm stuck in my job

voodoochild16

Hey all,
So please forgive me for sounding like I'm a deadbeat but, I am stuck in my current job. To advance, I would have to go to school for 1 month at a time for 3 months. That means going to the big city, and of course I would be staying with my dad, but leaving my apartment, and it's just so hard to imagine doing because I have no friends atm, no one to connect with. I don't feel like I can do anything at all. My current job is in the food industry, which is at least a trade of some sort.

What I really wanted to do was something in Technology, and the only way to go with that is to find a social job, like a technical support phone guy, which is because I hate programming. Hope you guys understand that. Any ways, FML, thanks for reading this if you made it this far..

Last edited:
Hey all,
So please forgive me for sounding like I'm a deadbeat but, I am stuck in my current job. To advance, I would have to go to school for 1 month at a time for 3 months. That means going to the big city, and of course I would be staying with my dad, but leaving my apartment, and it's just so hard to imagine doing because I have no friends atm, no one to connect with. I don't feel like I can do anything at all. My current job is in the food industry, which is at least a trade of some sort.

What I really wanted to do was something in Technology, and the only way to go with that is to find a social job, like a technical support phone guy, which is because I hate programming. Hope you guys understand that. Any ways, FML, thanks for reading this if you made it this far..

You could look at it as an adventure of sorts, going to the city. You don't sound like you want to go though.

Hoppy

Your post sounds very defeatist. At least you have got family there.

I am just leaving this here.

417215_10150525283751693_115355596692_9104012_1763534159_n1.jpg

voodoochild16

I have thought about what you guys have mentioned before, I know that's what it takes. It's just I feel so empty inside. So depressed, and like even though I knew what I wanted in life, it's just too hopeless to think about in the first place. So really, I don't know what I want any more, since what I really want seems impossible. No friends, family barely talks to me, it's just me here.

I can kind of relate to what you are going through. I am in the process of trying to get a different/better job, but it feels like what is the point. I guess maybe you could start looking at what your interests are, like technology, and see what kind of offerings that you can find, it may require looking outside the box a little bit. If you stay in a job that you don't like, you won't be happy and will probably still feel empty. I would say maybe just do things at a slow pace in finding something new, go at a pace you are comfortable with. Even just doing some research online at first may give you a little bit of hope that something is out there.

Lexus199

I'm going to have to agree with Hoppy's image. Getting ahead in life often involves stepping out of your comfort zone. Yeah I know it's tough. I have trouble with it too.