I'm really, really stuck here :/

Tinkertoes

Okay:
I have this friend im close to, and we go to the football games and hang, she the locker above me, and she the person right in front of me in most of my classes.
Here lately she's punched me hard a couple times when she got mad at me...
Tonight, at the game, she punched me in the stomach, in the arm, kicked my leg, and spit ice at me, when she got mad.
I tell my parents..u know, thinking it's really no big deal, and they get all serious..
Mom: "she punched you?! Why!? why did u let her!!?"
Me: "she got mad...and i didnt want to lose a friend, its no big deal."
Dad: "so ur gonna let a boyfriend do that too...?"
Me: "thats different."
Dad: "No it isnt. U need to tell her straight and if she doesnt get it say 'we done'."
Me: "I dont want to lose a friend, dont worry about it."
Mom: "NO! you should never let someone go that far to hurt you."

(I only told them about the punching...)

What do i do?
I dont know what it would be like if im not her friend....
And i cant hit her back like dad said afterwards...She'd beat me up...

Please....Please help me :(

Silatuyok

Nobody deserves that kind of treatment from another person. I know it's hard, but you really need to stand up for yourself, try to get her to stop or find a way to distance yourself from the relationship. If you put up with this kind of treatment now, then yes, it will be much easier for you to get caught up in an abusive relationship with someone else later on. I was in an abusive relationship for years, so yes I understand how hard it is to even think about living without this person, but she is not being good to you and you deserve better.

Tinkertoes, you know what you're friend is doing is wrong.

You know you need to speak up, confront her. She is no friend for causing you harm such as that. She will do whatever she wants and will get away with it as long as you stand down. If she is a friend she will listen and she will stop.

I know you don't want to lose her as someone you've become perhaps attached to knowing. You're better than that person. Stand up next time, block her attempts. Get angry. No you don't need to become physical. Keep the mind about you.

If she will continue to be intolerable to you walk away. Just walk away.

NP88

Tell her to F off?

Dont let people treat you badly. You need to stand up for yourself or you'll be pushed around your whole life, including by guys.

WeirdyMcGee

A friend who hits you isn't being a very nice friend.

You need to tell her that she crossed the line because friends don't hurt eachother.

MrJones

Tinkertoes, you know what you're friend is doing is wrong.

You know you need to speak up, confront her. She is no friend for causing you harm such as that. She will do whatever she wants and will get away with it as long as you stand down. If she is a friend she will listen and she will stop.

I know you don't want to lose her as someone you've become perhaps attached to knowing. You're better than that person. Stand up next time, block her attempts. Get angry. No you don't need to become physical. Keep the mind about you.

If she will continue to be intolerable to you walk away. Just walk away.
^This!

You can't let it continue this way. It may hurt to lose someone you think of as a friend, but that's not a friend! Someone who makes you suffer that way doesn't deserve to be part of your life.
People can change, you can try to talk to see if it happens, but if it doesn't... you better leave, in my opinion.

MaliceInWickedland

:eek:
Holy pack of tap dancing poodles, Batman. That is just f***** up...

Okay, I'll be honest and say that back in my emo-supremo days I would get mad at my friends for no reason and punch them on the shoulder if they annoyed me enough, but to punch someone in the stomach and arm, kick them on the leg, and spit ice at them is crossing the line by far. That is just totally not cool and she is absolutely not your friend.

I completely agree with your parents. You should never... evereverever let someone hurt you, let alone lay an abusive finger on you. You deserve so much better than that. I know how difficult it is to let go of a "friend" when you think there won't be anyone else out there who would want to be your friend but believe me, there are nice people out there your age who would be more than happy to befriend you. You just gotta look. Even if you don't find a friend you'd be a hella lot better off than to consider a monstrosity like her to be your "friend".

I mean seriously, with "friends" like that who needs enemies??

Tinkertoes

Thanks everyone :)
I feel alot better.
I guess i will tell her to stop, but
i'm still scared to stand up to her.
even tho shes ALOT shorter than me, she
really gets angry.
I WILL stand up for myself though!!
And, if she listens but does it again, ill walk away and its "over"
I hope it goes well...

muxmux

That doesn't seem a friend to me. Don't be afraid of losing friends. Friends come and go on life, the most important thing, its ur life and ur health. Talk to her about the issues and if shes not fine and keeps hurting you, tell her off and go find someone who cares about you. Speak up.

Conspiracy

She's not gonna do it lol
"OK!! IM ALL PUMPED UP!!" ................ "Yeah...ok...not doing it..." *back to this forum*
"......what up guys D: "
lol
If you prove me wrong, do post here and tell me how it went xD