I'm off to Melbourne tomorrow....

MikeyC

Yeah, I'm driving 1000km's to Melbourne tomorrow to spend New Years down there with a couple of friends, so I'm hoping for a great time. Spending a week with constant people will be tricky but I'm hoping it'll be fun.

I'll be spending New Years in the city and hopefully at a nightclub. I want to try and push through my anxieties about girls and at least kiss one. We'll see how that goes. All 4 of us are single so we all should be trying.

On a more serious note, this will be a good way to end 2011. The last 4 months were some of the worst of my life and there's no better way to bring a new year than being with friends in another city. 2012 has got to be better than 2011, surely. Surely...!

Anyway, after today I will have limited time on SPW for about a week or a little more. I'll still be coming back randomly, if I have time, but I won't be here nearly as often. Save the cheering until I leave, will ya! xD

If I don't see you, I hope you all have a tremendous New Year! I look forward to catching up with everyone in 2012! :D

razzle dazzle rose

That sounds like so much fun, Mikey! The new year will be better, it just has to be, right? Yes, it will be and you are off to a good start, my friend. Wishing you the best of luck! ;p

MikeyC

If any Australians want to keep in contact with me on a more regular basis, I am happy to give you my phone number. I'm more of a texter than a caller. Up to you. PM me if you want.

If any Australians want to keep in contact with me on a more regular basis, I am happy to give you my phone number. I'm more of a texter than a caller. Up to you. PM me if you want.

Would you believe I have never sent a text in my life and I have no idea how to!! ::eek:::rolleyes:

I will just wish you the best of luck with getting a kiss on New Years Eve Mickey! Can't wait to find out how it goes for you.:)

MikeyC

Would you believe I have never sent a text in my life and I have no idea how to!! ::eek:::rolleyes:

I will just wish you the best of luck with getting a kiss on New Years Eve Mickey! Can't wait to find out how it goes for you.:)
Haha, that's okay.

Thank you very much, BlueDays. :) I will try to be on here sometimes during my week or so down there for irregular updates.

MikeyC

Thanks, guys! I'm in Melbourne now and it's going well. My two other friends coming here took the "scenic" route and got here 6 hours late. It's all good, though. They're here now. :)

MikeyC

By the way, Melbourne is going okay. One guy stayed behind while the rest of us went through Melbourne city. Hours and hours on our feet has exhausted us. I bought some more CD's and had a nice meal out there so it was good.

I get the feeling that catastrophe will occur, though. Possibly on New Years Eve. We'll soon see, but alcohol will be the main culprit.

Going alright so far, though. :)

MikeyC

Well, New Years was a disaster-of-sorts. Started well by attending a metal gig. All the bands I saw were good and I even chatted to a cute Danish girl by getting through my anxieties, but she had a boyfriend, unfortunately. I didn't mosh but I enjoyed the festivities.

However, after that the 4 of us went to Melbourne city, but we got there too late (2am or so) and one friend was whinging while the other was about to have a meltdown...again. We finally got home and we all crashed in bed.

Alcohol was the main culprit here. It screwed with my mate's head and he was close to having a meltdown once more. He did the exact same thing last New Years. Twice in a row my New Years has been ruined. No more.

I'm still in Melbourne. I'm kind of ready to go home....

MrJones

You already stopped drinking alcohol for things like that, time to try to convince your friends on doing the same! (thought I know for experience people don't listen).

I hope the year gets so much better than this from now on, you still have a lot of time!

1BlackSheep

Well, New Years was a disaster-of-sorts. Started well by attending a metal gig. All the bands I saw were good and I even chatted to a cute Danish girl by getting through my anxieties, but she had a boyfriend, unfortunately. I didn't mosh but I enjoyed the festivities.

However, after that the 4 of us went to Melbourne city, but we got there too late (2am or so) and one friend was whinging while the other was about to have a meltdown...again. We finally got home and we all crashed in bed.

Alcohol was the main culprit here. It screwed with my mate's head and he was close to having a meltdown once more. He did the exact same thing last New Years. Twice in a row my New Years has been ruined. No more.

I'm still in Melbourne. I'm kind of ready to go home....
Ok, found the update thread! Sorry to hear that your friend kinda ruined things for you. Whinging and meltdowns are no way to ring in the New Year! And bummer that Dutch girl wasn't available for the midnight smooch! Well, there's always next year! :)