im not sure what forum this belongs in but...

EdgeCrusher

is there something wrong with me? i am 29 and have been single since high school. i have had several opportunities to potentially start dating a few different women recently. the only thing is, they are all very outgoing party girls. they drink a lot, one of them smokes pot. i dont want that in a girl. i am not an outgoing person. i rarely drink and smoking is a giant turn off for me. is it weird that i want to find a girl that is a fellow nerd/geek like me. a girl that doesnt smoke. a girl that actually prefers staying in playing video games and watching movies/tv shows instead of going out all the time. a girl that would actually get star wars references and jokes. i sometimes feel like i am hurting myself by not giving these other girls a chance. all i ever see is other couples that are like that though. they dont have very many interests in common, if any. they always seem to have issues and argue with each other about stupid stuff. ugh... i just feel like i dont get people.

the reason i posted this here is because i wonder if i am sabotaging myself. i wonder if my love-shyness/social anxiety issues are causing me to think like this. my social anxiety isnt as bad as my love-shyness. i am fine socially in small groups for the most part. its just the larger group and party enviornment that bothers me. i also just dont really like that enviornment to begin with. i am not exactly a very social person to begin with and i am actually ok with being at home in my room by myself for the most part.

does anyone get what i am saying with this? or have any thoughts on it? i can feel myself slowly slipping into depression about being romantically alone for as long as i have. i recently got a cat and feel like i will become the male equivelant of an old cat lady. i feel like i am getting old and that my chances are all going to pass me by and i will be old and alone.

Last edited:

Newtype

I think you have the right attitude. You shouldn't be with someone that you're not comfortable being with just because you wanna be with someone. You've waited patiently all these years to be with someone, you deserve to have that special person that you want. Don't settle for less or you will regret it. I'm not saying you're gonna find a woman that does all the things you mentioned, but that's okay. It's more romantic if she starts liking something because of you. It shows how much she's interested in you.

mmmm

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to a type. The problem with your type, though is that you will find it difficult to meet them because they are busy sitting at home playing video games and watching star wars. It's always easy to meet party girls because they're always out doing stuff. That's why guys who like party girls find it easy to get girlfriends. It's a cruel truth.

Kiwong

I hear what you are saying. I live like a hermit, I would like to date a girl who is also a hermit. Not much chance of that I think, so I continue to live like a hermit, and the older I get the finer I am with that.