I'm just Being selfish and wanted to vent a little

Mary

I had a argument I guess w/my husband awhile ago. We were talking about his grandparents and he mentioned his grandmother was visiting relatives in a town nearby. I asked how come she didn't stop by to see our new baby. He gave me a funny look then ignored me. When I kept pressing him about it, he said, "do u really want to know?" I said yes, allready getting upset by his attitude then he told me because the last time they came (back when I was pregnant) I didn't come out to greet them and they think I don't like them. I don't even remember too well what he's talking about but I know I wasn't feeling good when it happened. SP wise. And I was on top of that pregnant and hormonal as well and I just couldn't take unexpected visitors too. I just couldn't, so I hid behind my pregnancy and didn't come out. Yes, it was wrong, yes, It was rude, but I just had one of those days when it was just too much. And what he said now really upset me. I know he's right but it just hurts. I want him to understand me. I don't want him to blame me. For something that I can't help. I can't help having Sp. God knows. Usually I make an effort w/his family. Usually, I am super stressed but I get through it well enough. Now ONE time, ONE time I couldn't do it and that's what they will allways remember about me. I can't explain to them about my phobia. They won't understand, my husband doesn't understand and hes been w/me for about ten years now. It just hurts, I just need to vent to other people who DO understand.
YES, I'm looking for sympathy, even though I don't deserve it, even though I am being selfish. :cry:

dottie

i've been in a living situation where i was forced to deal with my partner's uninvited company. it is very stressful, especially when your partner is extroverted and cannot relate to the desire to hide out and have privacy. it keeps you on your toes and it feels invasive. i understand how you feel, completely!

rado31

Mary said:
I had a argument I guess w/my husband awhile ago. We were talking about his grandparents and he mentioned his grandmother was visiting relatives in a town nearby. I asked how come she didn't stop by to see our new baby. He gave me a funny look then ignored me. When I kept pressing him about it, he said, "do u really want to know?" I said yes, allready getting upset by his attitude then he told me because the last time they came (back when I was pregnant) I didn't come out to greet them and they think I don't like them. I don't even remember too well what he's talking about but I know I wasn't feeling good when it happened. SP wise. And I was on top of that pregnant and hormonal as well and I just couldn't take unexpected visitors too. I just couldn't, so I hid behind my pregnancy and didn't come out. Yes, it was wrong, yes, It was rude, but I just had one of those days when it was just too much. And what he said now really upset me. I know he's right but it just hurts. I want him to understand me. I don't want him to blame me. For something that I can't help. I can't help having Sp. God knows. Usually I make an effort w/his family. Usually, I am super stressed but I get through it well enough. Now ONE time, ONE time I couldn't do it and that's what they will allways remember about me. I can't explain to them about my phobia. They won't understand, my husband doesn't understand and hes been w/me for about ten years now. It just hurts, I just need to vent to other people who DO understand.
YES, I'm looking for sympathy, even though I don't deserve it, even though I am being selfish. :cry:

Mother of your husband doesnt like even him. I m pretty sure about that.

Mary

Thanks Dottie. I'm doing better today, I had a talk w/hubby and we worked it out. He told me he doesn't care what his family thinks, that we, me and the baby are his family now. And that he does understand how I feel (which I doubt) but I know he's trying! :) So that's something.