I'm baaaaaaaaack, watch out!

lonely_drummer

I'm really nervous about posting on here again. I don't know if any of you remember the lonely drummer but it is me and I decided to come back and see how things have been going with everyone. It's been quite a while, probably about 2 years. A lot has happened!

My battle with SA has been an ongoing task and I've had my ups and downs but I do truly feel I am improving in the long run. Optimism, hard work and self acceptance have been my ally this whole time.

However, we have our bouts of depression which has made me come back here. Lonesome thoughts conquer and I feel that people just don't understand except for the people on this site. I feel I need to connect with people since it's not happening to me right now in the real world. A lot of my strength with battling this has come from people like you. Hmmmm, my post is getting long, that's one thing I do recall, I rambled ALOT! I'm not even going to get into what I've been up to these past 2 years. If you remember me and are curious, just ask me what I've been doing. Hopefully someone remembers me :)

Hoppy

Hello.

Welcome back.

I remember something about a yacht. How did that work out?

And a picture of a guy with long hair and a beard who haven't cut anything for a year. I also went without a haircut for a year, but didn't look nearly as awesome.

Rawz

I think you were still active here for awhile when I first signed up. I definitely remember your avatar and username...no so much what you've posted (sorry).

But welcome back! It's kinda nice to see someone come back after being away for so long, just because I always wonder what happens to people when they stop visiting. Did they get better? Are they so good they no longer need this site? Did they get worse? Are they hiding in their closet?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I never really talked to you but I remember you :)

Welcome back! (...Or should I say sorry to see you back? :thinking: )

lonely_drummer

Hey! I do recall your names, that's for sure. To answer your question Hoppy, last time I was here, I was about to embark on a journey. My best friend and I were going to buy a sail boat and live in it. It's really quite silly thinking about it now. Quickly we came to realize that if neither of us knew how to sail, maybe this wouldn't be such a good idea. So we opted for a van. A Mitsubishi Delica, one of those wicked 4 wheel drive right hand drive Japanese imports. We gutted the thing and built beds and storage and moved in. We spent most of our time in Vancouver which is a pretty great city, considering I hate big cities, this one has a unique personality. So we traveled a bit, drove down to California and then my friend lost his passport and we got our van towed while we were in the Canadian consulate in San Fran. So we had to pay 500 bucks, got it out and said screw this and went back canada.

Back about a year ago I was done with living in a van and wanted something else. I found an awesome job working out in the country on an organic foods farm. It was actually really amazing. I love nature and this was perfect for me. Lots of seclusion which is what I needed. I worked my *** off! I'm not one for being a workaholic but this was different. I really enjoyed the work, so that's basically all I did. Worked 12-16 hours every day and I mean EVERY DAY. Back in June I quit the job on the farm so I could travel a bit this summer. Well I ended up visiting my friends on vancouver island and decided right then that I'm moving to victoria. So that's where I am right now. I've finally settled in and live with a roommate who in very introverted and keeps to himself. For some reason it's comforting. We give eachother our space which is what I love. I hate being invaded!

And for the beard thing haha! I was the guy who grew his beard without shaving or trimming an entire year, it was epic! I don't do that anymore, I'm just normal beard guy now.

And for Rawz, I do recall your name as well. I have left and come back I think twice now. I'm not entirely sure why I've come back now. There's something going on with me that is impossible to explain right now. I'm having a hard time just grasping it. But for your curiosities about what happens to the people who have left, I feel I am "better". Not fully cured or anything, I honestly don't think that's possible. It's an ongoing progress which will take my entire life. I want to keep learning and trying to improve but that wall pops up every now and then. Hmmmmm, now that I am writing this I'm beginning to kind of see why I'm here again. I've felt rejection lately and I've been rather lonely, especially in a new city. But I'm trying to be optimistic

And no worries, I'm not sorry for coming back. It's like a retreat from the craziness that's happened the last 2 years. Come back to the people who understand my secret side

Hi again lonely drummer! good to see you back.:)
I do remember you, despite my depleted memory from all the Anti-depressants, lol.
Sad that you have to come back in here to be able to be around people that can be understanding with your problems. Good to read that you have improved somewhat though.:thumbup:

Yep, sometimes we gotta come back!

Take a few steps back to gather the wits then get back up and do it again!

It's nice to be able to come back here and see some familiar people and to meet new members.

Last edited:

lonely_drummer

Yep, sometimes we gotta come back!

Take a few steps back to gather the wits then get back up and do it again!

It's nice to be able to come back here and see some familiar people and to meet new members.

Totally! That's exactly how I feel. I think when I'm on here I try to improve myself more. It's like I'm more engaged in my problems since this place is all about that. It allows me to take time and think about solutions instead of overseeing them with everyday life. I feel I need to be more self aware. Hopefully I see more potential in myself. I have made a lot of progress since being here last :)

It's good to see familiar faces (not so much faces but names haha)

lonely_drummer

One of my biggest improvements was quitting drinking. I don't know if you remember but I had a pretty bad drinking problem. I drank everyday, usually 8 or more beers a day, NOT GOOD! the last time I had a drop of alcohol was my 25th birthday, April 7, 2012, almost 2 1/2 years. Just thought I'd share that

:greeting: Welcome back! Glad to hear you got to have your adventure awesome :thumbup: Sounds like you really challenged yourself, nice one.

lonely_drummer

Welcome back, lonely drummer:)

Thanks!!

Should we be afraid? :praying:

Hmmmmm, maybe just a little, I'm nuts!!!

Welcome back, drummer. Hopefully everything is going well. How's Hash Tin?

Hey mike!!! Long time eh!?? I'm doing well. Hash Tin is doing well too. I have a 2nd album that I released back in June. I've been selling them here and there,. I'm really surprised people have been buying it. Just this last weekend, I joined a local band as 2nd guitarist and they want to collaborate and do some Hash Tin songs. The other day at the jam, they had listened to one of my songs and learnt it. We ended up playing it and I had to sing it, which I haven't done in front of people in YEARS!! It was alright but the song they chose is my least favourite Hash Tin song, hahaha! Maybe I'll post some tunes soon

:greeting: Welcome back! Glad to hear you got to have your adventure awesome :thumbup: Sounds like you really challenged yourself, nice one.

Thanks joule. It's all about challenging yourself. You'd be surprised what you can do when the time is right.

MikeyC

Hey mike!!! Long time eh!?? I'm doing well. Hash Tin is doing well too. I have a 2nd album that I released back in June. I've been selling them here and there,. I'm really surprised people have been buying it. Just this last weekend, I joined a local band as 2nd guitarist and they want to collaborate and do some Hash Tin songs. The other day at the jam, they had listened to one of my songs and learnt it. We ended up playing it and I had to sing it, which I haven't done in front of people in YEARS!! It was alright but the song they chose is my least favourite Hash Tin song, hahaha! Maybe I'll post some tunes soon
Sounds like things are going well for the band(s), then. Great to hear, mate. :)

Nanita

Hi good to see you again, I certainly remember you and I if I remember correctly I think I once listened to some music you recorded and I liked it. How awesome that you lived in a van..... and worked on a farm! Cool

Last edited: