ILLUSIONISTS -tricks or magic?

ILLUSIONISTS -tricks or magic/real or fake?

• I believe most performances are real magic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some are fake, some are for real.

• It is all fake, but it's fun to watch.

• It's just a load of crap and I couldn't care less.

• Total voters

LA-girl

I watched some pretty amazing stunts by the modern-dayn illusionist Chriss Angel yesterday. I must say some of it looks kind of real and is pretty unexplainable, and the weirdest part imo is that he performs many of his tricks/magic in a broad day-light, in public. Some of his stunts though are obviously fake, others pretty mindblowing. What do you think,is some of it for real or is it simply paid actors and (film)-tricks...?

Following are some video-clips from this guy:

First a pretty long clip from one of his shows 'Mindfreak':
Chriss Angel 'Mindfreak'

Second, a stunt that first FREAKED me out, but where you can tell it is fake, imo:
Criss Angel rips a Girl in Half

Criss Angel levitates a woman in broad daylight with people watching:
Levitation

Criss Angel lying on a 'nail bed' while bearing a SUV weight on his body:
Criss Angel - SUV Nail Bed

chriss_angel.jpg

Sacrament

Criss Angel already explained how he does the levitation trick. It's nothing mindblowing, really. As for the rest? Of course it's all fake, except some people do it really well and become famous for it. It's entertaining.

LA-girl

Sacrament said:
Criss Angel already explained how he does the levitation trick. It's nothing mindblowing, really. As for the rest? Of course it's all fake, except some people do it really well and become famous for it. It's entertaining.

Yes, I noticed that he explained his levitation trick, where he levitates himself with his back directed at the audience/camera. I have not seen him explain how he manage to elevate other people though as was seen in one of the video-clips. If you know how he does that, I would appreciate if you told me.

Here is another clip where he levitates a woman in front of a public on the street. It looks pretty amazing if you ask me. I also think it is a trick, but how does he do that unless it is a camera-trick and hires a massive amount of actors...? :roll:

Levitates a woman on the street

Sacrament

I don't really care how he does his tricks because if I knew, it wouldn't be entertaining anymore. I prefer not knowing and enjoying his acts. We all know it is physically impossible to levitate ourselves or other people, so it's either through using actors, video edits, or even both. It doesn't matter. He's good at it.

Now, if you ask me about other tricks like the ones he does with cards and so forth, it just takes some time and practice to get it perfect and trick people. It's fun.