I worry about EVERYTHING

WishingICould

I worry about things that haven't even happened yet. I worry about things that MIGHT happen. Constantly. Literally every, single, day. If i hear about someone dying on the news i automatically panic in-case it's somebody i know and until i know otherwise i'm highly anxious. I'm either going insane or i have some sort of mental illness. I have OCD and SA so i don't know whether it's linked to that.

Remus

Staff member
I have OCD and SA so i don't know whether it's linked to that.

Funny you mention that, I have Pure OCD and SA, I'm a terrible worrier. Often I cant sleep at night worrying away....:kickingmyself:

I have to concentrate hard to get this intrusive worries out of my head.

planemo

I know exactly what you're going through. For me i think it's probably what they call neurosis (though that's just my opinion on the matter.

Neuroticism
Chronic negative affects, including anxiety, fearfulness, tension, irritability, anger, dejection, hopelessness, guilt, shame; difficulty in inhibiting impulses: for example, to eat, drink, or spend money; irrational beliefs: for example, unrealistic expectations, perfectionistic demands on self, unwarranted pessimism; unfounded somatic concerns; helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making.

Maybe you can check these links and see if they fit with how you feel...

Neurosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neuroticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ImNotMyIllness

I worry about things that haven't even happened yet. I worry about things that MIGHT happen. Constantly. Literally every, single, day. If i hear about someone dying on the news i automatically panic in-case it's somebody i know and until i know otherwise i'm highly anxious. I'm either going insane or i have some sort of mental illness. I have OCD and SA so i don't know whether it's linked to that.

I think it is related to your OCD. I'm also a big worrier but I've gotten a lot better. Worrying about this or that won't change the outcome. Watching less news might help too.

WishingICould

I know exactly what you're going through. For me i think it's probably what they call neurosis (though that's just my opinion on the matter.

Neuroticism
Chronic negative affects, including anxiety, fearfulness, tension, irritability, anger, dejection, hopelessness, guilt, shame; difficulty in inhibiting impulses: for example, to eat, drink, or spend money; irrational beliefs: for example, unrealistic expectations, perfectionistic demands on self, unwarranted pessimism; unfounded somatic concerns; helplessness and dependence on others for emotional support and decision making.

That all relates to me. I think i must have every mental disorder there is. :eek:

planemo

That all relates to me. I think i must have every mental disorder there is. :eek:

no, not really :giggle:

neurosis is associated with most personality and emotional disorders, so most people with some type of mental illness will show neurosis in some way. given the fact that you have OCD and SAD, it's more than likely driven by anxiety rather than paranoia, psychopathy, narcissism or delusions etc.

WishingICould

no, not really :giggle:

neurosis is associated with most personality and emotional disorders, so most people with some type of mental illness will show neurosis in some way. given the fact that you have OCD and SAD, it's more than likely driven by anxiety rather than paranoia, psychopathy, narcissism or delusions etc.

I don't think i have psychopathy, narcissism or delusions (yet). :shyness:

springk

Neuroticism

Exactly!
why i have neurosis? i worry about all the things. Its like if i have to do a job like say buy anything i will worry about the task till i have completed the work.

LazyHermitCrab

Avoid the news. :( I mean read about your interests, go on the discovery website, but avoid the upsetting news news. There's plenty we can experiance on our own. Now i'm very paronoid because of reading and watching too many negative things. O.x

Right or wrong every time I learn of someone dying I hope out loud that it is one or more of a hand full of people I hate. I believe everyone worries about stuff weather they wanna admit it or not.

MikeyC

Avoid the news. :( I mean read about your interests, go on the discovery website, but avoid the upsetting news news. There's plenty we can experiance on our own. Now i'm very paronoid because of reading and watching too many negative things. O.x
Avoiding the news is one of the best decisions I've made recently. It's too difficult to completely avoid it, but not actively knowing what's going on is so good. Ignorance is bliss, and not having negative happenings shoved down our throats is awesome. :)

thegunners21

I present a song that you might relate to

Green Day - Basket Case [Official Music Video] - YouTube

DarkPhoenix

I worry and obsess an excessive amount about things that may or may not happen, all the frickin time. I worry about my job, my family, my cats, hell im even worried about what my new neighbours are going to be like. Most of my worries are about the future, I feel this sense of dread when i think about it. I wish i could just live in the moment, take things as they come but the worries are always there.

Kiwong

I worry about what has happened, and what might happen. I'm never in the present. I recognise all the worrying thoughts I have about past and possible future events as my illness.

planemo

I don't think i have psychopathy, narcissism or delusions (yet). :shyness:

i'm sure you don't, and won't have them at all. feeling very pessimistic and negative is very normal for people who worry all the time. believe me, i know.

Exactly!
why i have neurosis? i worry about all the things. Its like if i have to do a job like say buy anything i will worry about the task till i have completed the work.

it's hard to say why, exactly. but it's pretty much all fear and anxiety related. if you can curb your general anxiety you can curb your neurosis.

Lea

Banned
I don´t think I am worrying or freaking out much, I don´t know it´s somehow that my vision of world is so dark and negative, that nothing can surprise me anymore. I am depressed as hell only, to the point I envy even poor people in Africa and canalization rats, everybody has got it better than me. Or maybe not, but they can survive and be happy despite of it.

WishingICould

I worry about worrying about things :eek:mg: lol

:giggle:

I just wish i could "live in the moment". I'm 26 but i feel about 90. I can never just relax and enjoy something. I'm always one step ahead, worrying about what might happen tomorrow. It's a really sh*tty way to be.