I think I want to start a band

luiface

This could be just one of those random thoughts that go away after a while, but recently I've been getting into music a lot. Thing is, I never played any sort of instrument. Everything I've tried I lose interest and I'm not very good at. I just had a vision of me and my old friend from middle school playing in front of a large group of people (we don't see each other much but I still consider him a friend). I know I'll have trouble being in front of a group of people, but I know I can do it. I saw a band of around five people, I'd be the drummer or guitar player. I'd have somewhat long hair and eyeliner, like the guy from Green Day lol. I don't know I've just always liked that dark look.

Anyway I want to play this kind of music once we get better:
Green Day - 21 Guns [Official Music Video] - YouTube

and Promise-Eve 6 lyrics - YouTube
^ i just found this song on youtube lol

sorry I'm not writing very well I'm really tired

Last edited:

MikeyC

If you want to start a band, get practising on an instrument. Or you could be a vocalist. It's never too late to learn!

KiaKaha

Banned
Power chords (2 note chords) take about 5 minutes to learn. Buy an electric guitar learn the single shape - move it around the neck, add some distortion. Sing over the top and get some guys to jam with. BAM - you have a band. Simple.

JackOfSpades

Learning guitar takes some dedication. I just took it up this year and even when you practice quite a bit, certain things do need time so I say you should start too.