I think i might have hyperhidrosis...

xlittlexmex

hey,
Now that i have realised i might have this i guess its started about a year ago...and has slowly got worse,iv been just coping with it and didn't notice,the anxiety started first i think (why???)who knows...before i was confident,i think i have hyperhidrosis as my hands,face,and under arms sweat(under arms bothers me the most)...and i worry about it alot...and spend alot of time on my personal hygiene...im a young 24yr old girl...i have the blushing thing...my neck goes bright red...all patchy...
i need help :confused:
anyone got any advice?
thanks

margiehope

If you go to the bottom of this page, you'll see some other threads that might give you some helpful information.

Have you checked with your doctor to make sure there's not some other medical problem/side effect from meds, etc?

xlittlexmex

thank you for the reply....i havn't been to the doctor yet,i find it hard to talk about it to be honest....im not on any medication and otherwise i feel healthy....i feel like this is slowly taking grib of my life...ill have a read of the information
thanks again ::eek::

ukchick

Hi
Me and my daughter started with this sweating thing about 13. Sounds like it would be worth a trip to dr's just to rule out other stuff.
My daughter copes a little with her underarm sweating by putting a t.shirt under her school uniform and finds the Dove 48 hour antipersperant ( about £5 from supermarket or Boots) does help.Her hands really bother her badly but 4 months of using iontophoresis hasn't helped but we'll keep trying stuff to make it manageable for her.
Good luck and I found this forum a lifeline while dealing with this,there's so much info on here.
Xx

salli

hyperhidrosis is simply a hyper = more hidros = sweat
if you sweat more than the others you got hh so simple