I think I cured my blushing...

Hey guys,
I can't believe it, I haven't blushed in what seems like forever now. I am even under a lot of stress which always used to make it worse! I was asked to stand in front of the class one day recently, and I felt myself starting up a panic attack because I knew my face would turn bright red! But I got up in front of everyone and was able to laugh at the jokes the professor was making and have a fun time up there! I didn't even START to turn red. I have been joking and laughing with people with little to no reaction. I've seen a significant difference just in a few weeks time.

There are a couple of things I did. First, I'm taking 100mg of 5-htp and two capsules of something called Asian Flush Formula (I purchased it because of the calming and anti heat natural ingredients). These help a great deal, but the thing that helped the most out of everything is the "Dynamic Neural Retraining System" or DNRS. You might look into it and think its strange sounding. You might even order it (it's a whopping $260) and find the information to be... too simple? Anyways that was how I felt. But I've been doing it off and on for 4 months though and WOW. What it does is basically rewires your brain to respond differently to stress. Before I started it, my face was almost always on the verge of flaring up. I couldn't laugh, I couldn't talk with people. I couldn't give presentations. I couldn't make friends. I was scared of myself without a cup of ice water in front of me. But now, after doing the DNRS steps so much, now my body doesn't respond the same way. I don't have panic attacks anymore. I have basically had the ability to convince my body that I am safe in almost every situation. There have been a couple of times that I began to panic because it felt like my face would flush red, and its like the steps take over. My face will start to flush and then my brain takes over and says "Oh, its safe" and then my whole body calms down before my face can turn bright red. I am SO amazed.

Anyways, I just wanted to share what an amazing thing this is. It has helped me with my chemical sensitivities and my food allergies, and has helped with panic attacks most especially. My anxiety is WAY down. My panic attacks were always due to the fear of blushing, and now I will begin to have panic attacks and I realize that my face is really cool and isn't beginning to flush anymore... so now I rarely if ever panic, because I have nothing to panic about! I hope this helps some of you out there... It does cost money but it's worth every penny.

The thing that I mostly want to say about it is that you have to be COMMITTED to getting better. You can't be subconsciously attached to your blushing (believing too much that it is YOUR story and it will always be you). It took me 5 years to come to a place of being fully committed, but if you are, I know that DNRS can help! It's amazing!

I guess it would be cool to update on this... If it helps anyone. Amazingly enough, the program has held to date! I went from thinking about my face turning red every minute to forgetting that it had ever been a problem. I seriously don't worry about blushing anymore. It feels weird to think that I ever did. Every once in a while I turn a little red, like normal. Or if I get excessively overheated. But I'm not embarrassed about it anymore, which always made me go redder. I have even joked about it multiple times.

What's even better is I had a moment with this guy who always love to tease me about my red face. He started teasing me and I started going red, and he began bringing attention to it. Instead of getting embarrassed and leaving the room like I used to, I looked him in the eyes and said "No, you're turning red" and he denied it, and then suddenly HE turned a little red and seemed to totally retaliate... and btw he NEVER said another word to me about it again. Also my face cooled down and since then I've had multiple experiences where I've mentioned how red I get and NO REACTION on my part. Usually if I even just said I was turning red I would. That DNRS system is AMAZING. Also, I'm not taking those supplements anymore. Haven't for about 3 months. And I am still fine. They're great for high stress times though.

I do want to share that I just talked to a girl who was chronically dehydrated and was hot all the time. The result of the heat was flushing and sweating. I imagine not sweating would make blushing even worse... but it's likely for someone to have both. I realized that for the longest time I drank SO MUCH WATER. But it would go straight through me, as if my body didn't absorb it. People made fun of me for how much I had to run to the bathroom. I've been doing some research, and apparently you can drink a lot of water every day and STILL be chronically dehydrated. Which results in blushing problems. And this comes from not getting the electrolytes in your water that you need to help the cells absorb water. Think about getting some natural electrolyte tablets that are low in sugar and that are natural if you think heat is partly to blame. I believe that if our bodies have enough water, then they have the ability to stay cool in heated situations. My body has been doing so much better since I started drinking electrolytes and coconut juice!

Dimples

Well Done! I've been drinking coconut water for a while now but I can't tell if it will help with blushing. I'm gonna have to take note now :)