I stand no chance

Apple Strudel

But I can't drop out :(

I will be stranded and penniless and probably living on the streets or in my mum's house suffering or whatever, but I feel so god damn miserable day by day.

I am getting older and I missed out lots of social life and i'm not enjoying my school or work one bit. I can't do a god damn thing except to continue till my misery ends or perhaps because I am taking a certificate that's not even called a diploma and i'm working in retail and for your info, i'm 22! I have a few GCSE's but because I wanted to enter into this stupid local college, I took up this private certificate and paid a few K's for it and now I didn't want to go there anymore because i'm running out of time, I feel so stuck and small for now till the next Mar when I finally graduate but I don't even know if I still have the motivation to study for this cert's examinations anymore.

I see people studying in universities and living the dorm life and here I am, stuck in a small miserable private school + work. I am neither rich nor am I good at studies so getting to a local uni is out of question. A private uni costs way too much and add to that, I suck at keeping a job that pays above minimum wage.

Trust me, I wanted to get out of retail but I suck at work so I get fired often and most of the time, I feel so stupid, even now in retail, people that are younger than me kept asking me how am I feeling in the job because they see that I am nervous and suck at it.

I haven't been in a relationship and my one and only friend is a recluse herself. (Sucks isn't it)

I feel like my whole life is falling apart and i'm also racking up bills for my meds to help cope with work (oh, the burden)

I feel like a total loser and I avoid most people because they never experience the loserish life I have now since most of them are in universities, working in office jobs, travelling, having fun while i'm stuck here feeling miserable with my life.

Nack

Banned
That's what i feel right now, i'm literally paying thousands of dollars to teach myself. Cause they don't have instructors for some of my core class and i end up having to do them online...HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSE TO LEARN SOMETHING AS TECHNICAL AS COMPUTER INFORMATION BY MY ****ING SELF!
I hate life...

Voltar

Stay in school and get your diploma, it is completely worth it. You may not think it is much but your future employers will definitely value your achievement and commitment and see the value in employing you more because of it. And you don't have to stop there - you could start studying for another diploma or take a course at an online university. 1 in 6 people in higher education are enrolled in some sort of online course and its a great way to meet others with similar interests as you. You are only 22 man, with your whole life ahead of you - you can do anything you want! You're in a funk right now but that will pass. You just have to stay committed, make small changes each day to improve yourself and your life will open up.

Jake123

Banned
Ok first, never compare your situation to others, that's absurd because you will always compare your situation to whoever is doing "better" (to your standards) than you instead to those who are doing "worse" than you. (take a look at Haiti or Africa for about a minute)

Second, no one has to experience your "loserish" life so that you feel that you have someone by your side. Acceptance is more important than pity.

Third, who cares where you work at? Only you. if you do not want to work retail, then don't. Never worry about how others see you or what others talk about you, it is just a waste of your nerves and will deliver nothing positive for your situation. In order to achieve that, you must try harder. Yes, you are getting older just like everyone else, that is no surprise to anyone, but 22 years old is nothing! If you were about to hit 50 I would probably feel that there is no way out for you but you are just a kid. Younger people may be at the level you would like to be at but that does not mean they have better social skills. In fact, maybe "weirder" and yet more antisocial people are at that level. It is a matter of doing the right thing, at the right time, at the right place with the right people. Also, a bit of "luck" but that is a word I am not very fond of. I've been there so I can tell you this from personal experience and heck, I am one hell of a social freak!

You did not miss on any social life. Social life is always out there and it is always a possibility at any age. "College Life" is just another stereotype made up but who knows who. There is no certain level of social life for a 19 year old, for a 21 year old or a 30 year old. You can have the same fun being 20 or 40 with the same group of people, I've seen it and I've lived it. If you disagree with this, then you should consider forgetting about stereotyping, it will really help you be free and independent on this strange society. I know it can be hard due to the social conditions we live in today but it is very, very possible.

You claim that you stand no chance but I came here to tell you that yes, you have a chance, or two, or many more. There is always a chance. Stick to school, get a diploma or two and build a nice resume. Start faxing it and/or e-mailing it to the places you would like to work at and forget about all this negativity in your head, it is only harming you. A good way to start is as an intern, you wont get payed much but the work experience is priceless.

Best wishes to you and I hope I opened your drowsy eyes a bit.

That's great and all in happiness land but the world doesn't work like that. I dunno, I just found everything you said here completely disagreeable.

Jake123

Banned
Is that the best you got for an insult? Because that is really pathetic. Poor Phobologist man, have you no shame?

If you have anything else to add to this pointless argument, feel free to continue on PMs or unblock me on MSN ("sign on") because no one else really cares about this but I don't blame you, making personal disputes public is definitely a useful weapon for a victim. The sad thing is that face to face, you wouldn't be able to come near such behavior.

You let me down, bro.

I'm sorry you're hurt that I blocked you on MSN for being annoying but was this really necessary? Especially on someone's thread?

Is that the best you got for an insult? Because that is really pathetic. Poor Phobologist man, have you no shame?

If you have anything else to add to this pointless argument, feel free to continue on PMs or unblock me on MSN ("sign on") because no one else really cares about this but I don't blame you, making personal disputes public is definitely a useful weapon for a victim. The sad thing is that face to face, you wouldn't be able to come near such behavior.

You let me down, bro.

Uh...what's going on here anyway? I thought you guys were cool at first but it seems you have beef.

Apple Strudel

Thanks for replying to my thread.

I was feeling bad (always) during the nights and well, I just recently got back my results and proud to say that I scored many A's so it was really an uplifting experience for me for sooo long.

Yes, I've stopped school for quite a while so getting such results really surprise me a lot....