I spend ALOT of the time at home in my room..

SilentAndShy

And you know what? I don't mind it.

I've got enough to keep me entertained. My internet and laptop helps me look for work, write on forums, read and keep myself occupied. I've got a book to read, my Ipod shuffle.

My family joke I'm always upstairs and in my "nest" but downstairs isn't that an attractive option. My nephew makes alot of noise that irritates me and the TV isn't available most of the time so my room is my home.

Of course, if I was working etc I'd be more downstairs but being in my room, it ain't all that bad.

And it's an ideal place to be if people - who I don't want to see, meet, greet - turn up. I can stay in my room.

IcedEarth25

Same here my friend, nothing wrong with being on your own in your comfort zone. Up on my own I've got the ps3, laptop, not to mention my massive cd and book collections and my sketch pads for drawings, yes I have been recently spending more time downstairs than I usually do but it's a good place to hideaway from the world at times! :).

bsammy

if you are truly content being in your room on your comp, thats great but try not to lie to yourself..the last thing you want to do is be 30 plus years old having wasted teens and 20s inside your room..

Kiwong

I always liked my room at home. Now I have my own apartment. Even better when I get my own house.

awkwardamanda

I used to spend a lot of time in my room but not lately. My laptop crashed a few months ago so I'm stuck using the family computer. I like spending time alone but my room sucks anyway. It's a disaster. Looks like something you'd see on Hoarders. I can't really walk in there more than a few steps. Enough to get to the bed. The old, uncomfortable bed that leaves me sore and stiff when I wake up. I have no time to clean up so I can get new furniture. There's too much dust. It's freezing in there. The windows and insulation (in the whole house) need replacing. I had to close the vent because crap just gets piled on it anyway. I also no longer have a computer in there generating heat. My cat destroyed the mini-blinds. He's got his own little window while I have no privacy and have to get changed in the bathroom.

Bronson99

I used to spend a lot of time in my room but not lately. My laptop crashed a few months ago so I'm stuck using the family computer. I like spending time alone but my room sucks anyway. It's a disaster. Looks like something you'd see on Hoarders. I can't really walk in there more than a few steps. Enough to get to the bed. The old, uncomfortable bed that leaves me sore and stiff when I wake up. I have no time to clean up so I can get new furniture. There's too much dust. It's freezing in there. The windows and insulation (in the whole house) need replacing. I had to close the vent because crap just gets piled on it anyway. I also no longer have a computer in there generating heat. My cat destroyed the mini-blinds. He's got his own little window while I have no privacy and have to get changed in the bathroom.

Get a portable heater for bedtime :)

Get some curtains for the window, or just cover it with a blanket attached to the wall with duct tape

Get rid of the junk you won't need. Do what I did, save the "best of it", dump the rest. I don't miss it.

Man I'm a genius

hey guyyys this si not good you have to go out and see the world this thing is going to help in overcoming SA
I spend a lot of time at home to but its not my choice my mum works all day and my dad too and I cant go out we have 2 cars only which is my parents use them and my house is far from the town
but you guys I believe you all can go out at least go and take a walk on the beach or garden

I remeber last week my Mum finished early and took us to the beach at night
I felt weird its like everybody is watching ya
but it was amazing the cold breezing hitting my face and I met new people
and I interacted with them so good
it was amazing guys you have to go out :applause:

Agent_Violet

From the time I was about 6 til I was old enough to drive at 16 I lived in my bedroom.I only came out to eat or when my mother would force me to play outside. All I wanted to do was read and do crafts by myself.

I managed to make it to 31yrs old being somewhat well rounded and normal in public even though I spent all my time alone as a kid ;)

Flanscho

I'm glad that you are happy.

I moved out as soon as I could, in my early twenties. It was a huge change for me, but I thought that if I would stay at home for much longer (which I could have easily done), I wouldn't have a chance to cure my SA, since I'd be sheltered all the time.

Heremit

And you know what? I don't mind it.

I've got enough to keep me entertained. My internet and laptop helps me look for work, write on forums, read and keep myself occupied. I've got a book to read, my Ipod shuffle.

My family joke I'm always upstairs and in my "nest" but downstairs isn't that an attractive option. My nephew makes alot of noise that irritates me and the TV isn't available most of the time so my room is my home.

I'm in the same situation..

awkwardamanda

Get a portable heater for bedtime :)

Get some curtains for the window, or just cover it with a blanket attached to the wall with duct tape

Get rid of the junk you won't need. Do what I did, save the "best of it", dump the rest. I don't miss it.

Man I'm a genius

Except that it isn't that simple. A heater would be a fire hazard and that's basically why I closed the vent. I need to clean in order to get close enough to the window to change the blinds. And I can't just get rid of the junk I don't need. I do have some hoarding issues and that's something a lot of people don't understand. "Just clean it up" isn't really the answer, unfortunately. It's easier said than done. I've never had the right organizational system in place - not enough boxes, shelves, drawers, etc. I was kinda set up for failure all along. I also just don't have the time or the energy to deal with it right now. It's a big, overwhelming project. It takes time to go through every little thing. I can't just throw things out indiscriminately. I don't even have the space to move around to clean. I can only work on tiny bits at a time. I try to clean a little here and there, but it just gets messed up again before I have the chance to make any real progress.

dottie

nothing wrong with that!

a4acb1aa82208fed727ec4155032014a.jpg

MollyBeGood

^ so cute!

I love my home..my room/studio/office(I just spent yesterday organizing all my things)..I have a great big wood stove, a few picture windows to look out into the mountains, a desk and love seat and drafting table for drawing, all of my art stuff, all my books-why the heck would I want to leave other than to go out into nature?
I used to travel/move a lot.. now I like to be where I am at. Wanderlust was me. Now I am a homebody. I love to cook now too so we never go out to eat.
I still want to travel internationally. Someday I hope.