I (people like us) need a job

screename

I'm 18 with no high school diploma. I need a job to become independent from my mom, but I can't because of my anxiety, I couldn't get my education so, my question is -- how THE **** am I supposed to find work and hold down a job?

Could anybody maybe share their stories with me? It could help others who are stuck like me :question:

Unless you have somebody who's going to provide for you or you can claim some sort of benefits, you have to find a way to make it work.

A lot of people narrow their options to just what they think they can handle with the anxiety and kinda stumble into jobs that allow that. There are jobs out there that allow you to work alone. I think the best thing is to work backwards. You need to think about it and find something that you would like to do or even just wouldn't mind doing, and then figure out what you would need to get that. Then bit by bit you go after those things you need that help to get where you want to be.

I think for example if you dont mind being outdoors and dont mind manual labour, gardenings a pretty good career, you mostly get to work alone and for yourself.

Im hoping to get into research but Ive had to go back to school to work toward that.

Unless you can find a job that doesn't require a high school diploma you're going to need to get that diploma, hopefully theres a few routes available to help get that. Im not sure cos Im not in the states but possibly some sort of homeschooling or distance learning...

Best of luck with it :)

Hello

There are many alternatives if you're too anxious to look for a regular job.

Work online:

• Skype : You can convey your knowledge or help people out in their studies against money

• Upwork : You can work as a freelancer, this is a platform that will act as an intermediary between you and the client, you can work as a translator or make transcripts of some audio track (you don't need to speak to the client)

Work for your friends :

• Teach them something : this is the best alternative if don't want to come into contact with someone you don't know, or if you'd like to make your own work schedule...etc.

Personally, I am going to help my friends improve their English this summer, against money.

Do regular work that doesn't require you to deal with people :

• Dish washing

• Toilet cleaning

Good luck!

Since you are from Canada, I am going to reply in french as well.

Bonjour

Si tu es aussi anxieux à l'idée de trouver un boulot normal , voici les alternatives que je te recommanderais.

Travaille en ligne:

• Skype : Tu peux donner des cours aux gens, afin de les aider à combler leurs lacunes, ou transmettre ton savoir, d'une manière générale.

• Upwork : Tu peux faire de la freelance, cette plateforme joue le rôle d'intermédiaire entre toi et ton client, tu peux, à titre d'exemple, faire de la traduction ou transcrire un fichier audio d'une langue vers une autre. (L'avantage notable avec la traduction, c'est que tu ne sera jamais amené à parler qui que ce soit.)

Travaille pour tes ami(e)s :

• Apprends-leur quelque chose : Si tu es aussi réticent à l'idée de travailler avec quelqu'un que tu ne connais pas, ceci est d'après moi, la meilleure alternative que tu puisses trouver, en plus de pouvoir choisir les horaires qui t'arrangeront.

En ce qui me concerne, Je suis sur le point de donner des cours de perfectionnement en anglais à des amis à moi, cet été, contre de l'argent bien-sûr, sinon ça ne serait pas du "travail"

Fais un travail normal où tu aura le moins affaire aux gens que possible :

• Laver la vaisselle

• Récurer les chiottes!