I need a job but I don't want to go and look for one >.<

So here's the thing:

Due to the incompetence at my university, this semester I could only take 6 classes when I was supposed to take 8, so the global effect it's the same as if I failed those classes, and as a result, I'll be forced to spend an extra semester at college (we have this weird system where you study three years, get an Associates degree, and after two more years studying night shifts you get the professional degree).

Being miserably stuck in that situation, and with only 7 classes left for me in the associates cycle, I plan to take 4 classes the first semester of next year and my three final classes on my last semester, which supposedly will left me enough free time to have a real job that would allow me to live on my own; I already did the math and I can do it comfortably with a minimal wage.

The problem is... internships are not really a very widespread practice around here, and they rarely let you work part time. Theoretically, there are several alternatives, mostly to work on weekends and that could allow me to earn enough. But the classmate who told me about these works said that to get them I pretty much only have to go there and tell them I want a job, so as they see my will for work they would most likely hire me. I know this is the cliche "if you really want it you'll get it" thing, but our economy it's not really as screwed as the American or the European, so my friend it's actually right. But that implies then go out and approach on a talkative way to strangers projecting confidence. I've worked as a salesman (and absolute hated it) and once you are actually already working you imagine that people are somewhat expecting you to approach them, but it's different to me with a random stranger on a power position. It's a deadly mix of my natural introversion with my social anxiety that I would have to face, because is that or keep sleeping on a bunk bed in the living room with zero privacy and being annoyed by my brother and specially by my strict father.

I know improvements in life don't come without sacrifices, but dammit I'm not sure if I have the strength for this, just thinking about what I must do makes me feel uneasy, I really don't know what am I going to do.

MikeyC

Think less about it.

It's tough having to look for a job, but you said you just basically have to go up and tell them you want a job. That should hopefully not take too long, right? 20 minutes? Less? If necessary, fake confidence for that short time and then go home and cry or breakdown or do whatever you need to do to get over it. Reward yourself somehow, too.

I think you can do it, Dent. :)