I have nothing to do that I enjoy.

Mehh

Kinda ranty, but this is something that really struck me yesterday. I have no hobbies or passions, and I generally don't really enjoy any activities.

I had a midterm and two papers due last night, so those things understandably dominated the weekend and the beginning of this week. Because I'd been so stressed out leading up to last night, I kept promising myself that I wouldn't do any homework and would just sit back and relax last night after I got back from my test. When I finally did get back to my dorm (around 8), I was initially so happy to have the entire evening to myself to do whatever I wanted. I realized within the first hour, though, that there was really nothing that I really wanted to do. Other people I know use their free time to draw or play guitar or play video games or whatever, but there was honestly nothing that I could imagine myself doing for fun at that moment. Anyway, I ended up just surfing the internet the whole night, which left me in a really bad mood. Does anyone else feel like this/have suggestions? Thanks.

vitalis

What about some reading? I was not used to reading a few years back but now I enjoy it a lot, and it was really helpful in providing me with breakthroughs in my own SA predicament. If you don't like to read stories (I was not in the beginning), there are lots of very interesting non-fiction books also, and you may find some topic that you are unawarely interested in.

Surfing the internet can be a hobby. Honestly I spend my free time sleep or listening to the radio. Forget about how everyone else use their free time because it doesn't make them better than you. What about reading?

fate12321

I feel like I'm always busy, even though I really don't do much. Anyways, you could always go for a walk, while listening to music, around campus or if your campus has a gym, you could just go for work out.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Sometimes I feel a bit the same way so I can empathize with you.
Maybe instead of looking for 'fun' things, just find something that is simply more relaxing. Surfing the net can be just that.

jchan

How about sports? Have you ever tried any? I think sports are great. Not only for the body, but also for the mind. And the good thing is there is a great variety of them. If you do some research, you should find something that interests you. Good Luck!

Alienated

I study sciences , I discovered I love learning things that make sense in a world of lies !! And you get to try experiments, build things, and even invent sometimes... I make all kinds of things I need instead of buying them. Very fun, and very challenging !!

Last edited: