I have an 2 interviews tomorrow and i'm freaking out!!

jryden

I have a phone interview and one in person. I'm freaking out about both!! :sad:

The phone interview lady said to call to 'she can get to know me better' WORDS I NEVER WANT TO HEAR.

The one in person is at a staffing agency so i'm assuming they want to know my needs for a job-what areas I want to go in, discuss my resume etc Its not like I am interviewing to work for them.

Anyone interviewed with a staffing agency before? What's the process like?

Eye contact tomorrow..omg panic attack

OCDd

just relax, you will be fine, i promise. i dont like to do stuff like that either. ive never done that kind of interview before so i dont know what it will be like. but i do know you should just go in there and do your best. i do have some advice and that is 1) take a couple deep breaths right before, inhale slowly and hold for like 3 seconds, this will help you relax so you can concentrate during your interview. 2) this works for me and that is to smile and try to laugh in your head like think of a youtube video that was really funny or a funny movie and then have a smile on your face during the interview. even if its a creepy smile it doesnt matter cause i will laugh at the fact that its a big smile for no reason. idk but it always helps me be more comfortable. also it comes across like your more energetic. 3) make eye contact i know this can be hard but try to look at something that looks like you are looking at them, like look right below their eye. or if you can just look them straight in the eye. this works for me too, sense most eyes are like a darker color i just picture their eyes as being filled with coffee. i know its kinda weird. anyways hope this helps, GOOD LUCK, and God Bless! youll do fine though, i promise :)

laure15

No experience with a staffing agency, but many years ago when I was attending college on campus, I applied for a work study position at a social work center and had a phone interview with an assistant. I botched the interview! Sometimes when she asked me a question, I had to tell her to repeat it. I also sounded kind of "rough" because I didn't have much phone etiquette at the time. Anyways, I didn't get the job.

pacificrain

Hi - For the staffing agency, they need a few things. they need to know you can do what you put on your resume, and they need to know you're someone that they can recommend to the client. When you work for a staffing agency, you represent the staffing agency when you're at a customer's site or just doing work for the customer (or client) when you're working from home. So just show that you have the ability to represent the staffing agency well by doing the basics like showing up on time, focusing on doing good work, etc.

OCDd's advice is good. Take time to prepare yourself. It's easier to be relaxed when you're prepared. So be prepared to give examples of work you've done before. Be ready to explain your skills. Be ready to talk about other places you've worked and done similar types of things. They need you too. Good luck! :)

dottie

I have a phone interview and one in person. I'm freaking out about both!! :sad:

The phone interview lady said to call to 'she can get to know me better' WORDS I NEVER WANT TO HEAR.

The one in person is at a staffing agency so i'm assuming they want to know my needs for a job-what areas I want to go in, discuss my resume etc Its not like I am interviewing to work for them.

Anyone interviewed with a staffing agency before? What's the process like?

Eye contact tomorrow..omg panic attack

if it's a staffing agency you will interview and possibly take assessment tests on computers to determine your skill level in certain programs. they might have you come back for that, though. don't worry! usually at staffing agency interviews there is less pressure because that person isn't hiring you to work with them directly, so they don't care as much. it will be less intense, less pressure. it's different when you are sitting in front of a person who is deciding if they personally want you in THEIR work-life for the next several years. there's a lot more tension, then. this does not mean to go unprepared or under-dressed!

Samsapple

Don't be afraid about seeming nervous because surprising most employees look for applicants who DO seem nervous. From my experience a nervous applicant seems more eager and less "rehearsed" then others. Good luck!

sahxox

Ha atleast you can get interviews ! I've been looking for a job for weeks and no hits so far

hardy

How did it go? May be you can help us by telling what to face in interviews.

When you have problem making eye-contact...don't make eye-contact.But then not making eye-contact is a problem too.... the problem lies elsewhere , doesn't it? We are scared of how others will perceive us. We become self-conscious.

The best piece of advice i got was forget how others react to my weird eye-contact or whatever....just observe self. Observe the breath,any body sensations, your body stature, state of mind etc and don't try to get rid of fear. Be with the body...ignore the thoughts too. Just Being mindful that we don't lie and are kind is important...other things aren't worth too much.

99.99 % of the people in this world are ignorant....you don't have to worry about how they judge you. Other .01 % of the people understand you have difficulty in making eye -contact because of anxiety problems. They will not judge you.

ImNotMyIllness

Face to face interviews. My worst nightmare! Especially if you have more than one person in the room interviewing you. If I start to freak out on the interview, I think I'll just tell them my condition-maybe it's better that way?.......Otherwise, they're very turned off.