I have a puzzle for you.

superario

Well, it's kind of a riddle. Aren't puzzles and riddles basically the same thing anyway? :eek:

Okay, moving on. I found this online and thought it was pretty cool and wanted to see if anyone else could figure it out. I already know the answer so it makes absolute sense to me but I will admit to being stumped for quite a few minutes. ::p:

Here goes...

There is an island. On the island exist three tribes: the Truthers, the Liars and the Alternators (who alternate between lies and truths, not necessarily in that order).

A visitor comes to the island and asks the three inhabitants who is a Truther.

Their responses are as so:

A says
1. I am a truther
2. B is a liar

B says
1. I am an alternator
2. C is a liar

C says
1. I am a truther
2. A is a liar

Now, from the information provided above, determine the indentity of each inhabitant.

I will be posting the answers when asked to by a few people (don't wanna give the answers up too soon in case someone else wants a try).

GOOD LUCK!! :D

IGotSeoul

Finally haha >.<;

don't worry, my face was like this

24boqyg.gif

superario

Ok, here goes. :3

Four members of a band are walking to a night concert. They decide to take a shortcut, but must cross a bridge. Luckily they have one flashlight. Because of the varying size of their instruments, it takes each member a different amount of time to cross the bridge - it takes the first person one minute, the second person two minutes, the third person five minutes and the fourth person ten minutes. They must cross the bridge in pairs, travelling at the slower speed so if the one minute person went with the ten minute person, it would take a total of ten minutes. Since there is only one flashlight, one person must come back across the bridge, then another pair can cross. They only have 17 minutes to cross the bridge and still get to the concert on time. What order should they cross to get everyone across and get to the concert?

IGotSeoul

think I got it. following the rules proved to be more challenging than the process.

Last edited: