I hate labels!

Rise Against

It seems like where ever i go i get a label... and its never a good one. I used to be known as just a "shy nice guy." which wasnt bad. Then i moved and became the "socially retarded weirdo"... then i got sick of that label, moved out of state and promised myself that i would never be labeled as a social retard again... then i get labeled as the biggest party animal on campus... thats REALLY not a good label cause nobody can take you serious... now im transferring schools and hope i can get labeled "NORMAL".

Anyone else tired of labels?

Silvox Black

Labels are society's way of toning everything down from high intelligence levels to something we call "stupid." This "stupid" level of thinking is the only way society can function. They, in their ignorance, use labels for their simplicity and generalizing power. Truly intelligent people will disregard labels for the most part.

I would never want to be labeled normal. I'd rather be mental. But, yeah, I think everyone has labels and I hate that. I've been the "loner mute guy" or "shy sensitive guy". Or it seems that way.

FOR REAL

Banned
i hate labels aswell
for example "INSTANT CURRY SAUCE"
then underneath in small writing it sais "just add boiling water"
so how the **** is that "instant"

Krista

i hate labels aswell
for example "INSTANT CURRY SAUCE"
then underneath in small writing it sais "just add boiling water"
so how the **** is that "instant"

Everytime I read your posts you give me a chuckle. Keep on trucking dear.

shygirly

Nobody is normal. I know how you feel though. I get so tired of being called "quiet" that sometimes I want to act like a loud obnoxious ass just so people can't say "You are so quiet"

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You are not alone with your hate. I'm sick of some people labeling me as "emo" just because I don't go happilly bouncing around vomiting rainbows. Apparently, even having a bad day makes you "emo" now a days.
Strangely, I'm not called quiet very often, but I've been told I'm weird, and I've been asked if I worship the Devil or I'm doing drugs. I don't know, but am I weird or are they weird for asking such things to someone they don't even know? Those things make me question some people's sanity... Seriously.