I feel so ****ing hopeless!

Okay, so first of all, I am just ranting/unwinding so please excuse me... I don't feel too well at the momment and I just want to get it out.

I just got back from grocery shopping... I am just so dissapointed at how bad I am at interacting with people... specially females. I am trying my best to overcome my social anxiety, and to be honest, I'm doing quite well - but no matter how well I prepare, how confident I feel... how much I ****in know that everything will be fine, I feel so anxious/insecure when the momment comes.

I feel so bad, so dissapointed, and helpless. I am trying my best to overcome this, yet nothing is working out the way that I want. I didn't ask for this! Why do I have to have this? It's so ridiculous and unreal.... quite a stupid condition actually - yet it still exists in my mind and hinders my ability to be happy/myself.

Why has God given me this???? What kind of God would create such a thing?? What the ****??

Everytime I go out, there's so many cute women that want to talk to me, yet I cannot gather enough courage to even say hi to them.... or even LOOK at them...?? Why? There's nothing scary about people... male or female...

This is what is killing me the most, I want someone that can appreciate everything that I have to offer, and I think I have A LOT to offer... and someone that I can give myself to and complete... Yet I can't do this because I can't even look at females straight in the eye....

*Sigh*.................... I guess I'll keep trying - though I've been "trying" for quite a while now.... :rolleyes: God help me!!!!!

EscapeArtist

this was an hour or so ago? I hope you're feeling better... ::(: get it out get it out get it out! I don't think anybody should ever excuse themselves for ranting on here, finding relief and support is what this site is for! I have the urge to rant almost every day along the topic.

I know the feeling so well. It hurts to hear/see you say something I can relate to so perfectly. We act so irrationally! But it's all based on self defense, it's a natural response to new presences... but why us! Because, we survived natural selection, and now we must SUFFER for it?

I can clearly tell by your posts that you're a valued catch in terms of dating. It almost seems like you shouldn't have social anxiety. You are sweet, concerned, willing, open and most of all dedicated to beat this damn thing. This is why I have no doubt that you will eventually beat it, I just get the feeling from you that this is not where you belong, that you would be depriving a very lucky woman and lots of other friendly people if this was your future, this is not your future. It's good that you know that you have a lot to offer. I'm surprised more girls can't see through that anxiety and into the good natured person I get the feeling you are! As I said before, I get this strong vibe from you that it won't be long, this isn't your destiny. You seem very willing to do whatever it takes to abolish this disorder.

As long as we don't give up, we can and will learn to accept, love, and thrive. We're going to get through this, and remember to rant whenever you feel like you need to. PM me whenever you need to scream

Woah, I didn't expect such a response. :eek:

Hehe, thank you so much Sabrina! :D Your post has brought me back hope.
I don't know what to say... besides thank you :) (And.... "I'm gonna beat you on that exposure thread! hehehe ::p:)

AnxietyDave

Hey Easyskankin, keep the faith and definitely keep your underlying positive attitude and belief in yourself, they are probably the two strongest weapons you have against this disorder. Self belief and motivation can really help you through the rough times.

As far as the right woman goes, well, I had to wait for 30 years before I met a really special someone who could see past all of my anxiety related short fallings, now she is the stone pillar upon which I depend to help me overcome a lot of my anxiety problems.

So it sometimes feels as if it will never happen, but believe me waiting for the right person is well worth the wait, especially when they are willing to accept you for who you are rather than judge you for what you are not.

So as I said, keep the faith and keep making those positive steps forward. All the best and I really hope that the best from today will be the worst of tomorrow! All strength to you.

Thank you so much Dave. Thank you, you guys really make me believe that I can beat my social anxiety.

I'll will try harder (well not harder, more faithful) thanks to you guys.

Love! :cool:

harlseq

I feel ya, man... the way I see it guys like us are simply not going to meet someone in a conventional situation like a grocery store or during any other casual circumstances for that matter. Personally, the only way I see myself ever possibly meeting someone is either through the internet or through some close mutual friend or acquaintance... the person would also have to be somewhat like me otherwise I simply don't think she'd understand where I'm coming from in most situations. That said, don't give up... just know that if you do meet someone it most likely won't be in the way that society has conditioned you to expect as normal or routine (like at the grocery store).

EscapeArtist

Woah, I didn't expect such a response. :eek:

Hehe, thank you so much Sabrina! Your post has brought me back hope.
I don't know what to say... besides thank you :) (And.... "I'm gonna beat you on that exposure thread! hehehe ::p:)

I was just speaking what I honestly think. Happy to hear some hope has returned, woooweee

(and.... nuh uh.) :D