I feel like my parents don't want to listen to me being sad anymore

luiface

Ever since my depression started, I would talk to my dad about me feeling really bad and like my head is going to explode. It was summer so I didn't have school and I rarely went out. I wouldn't shower for almost a week and I would sleep in my clothes. Whenever I felt bad I would try to go to sleep or just lay in my bed. I didn't want to see the reality of things and my dreams were the only place where I can be the slightest bit happy. I would cry and then someone would come into my room getting me really mad. My dad would get really mad at me for not doing anything and tell me that I need to go out. My mom would tell me to make friends and go out, yeah I never go to her for help lol. Now I sometimes go outside at night to the park, when all the lights are off and hardly anyone is there. My parents think I'm crazy or something for going to the park alone, they say its not normal to do these things alone. I don't like being around other people anymore, yet I sometimes wish I could be walking with a girl or at the park at night. I don't say these things to my parents because it won't help, it just makes me feel like an idiot. It makes me feel stupid for being depressed. I have a place to live, a family, school, yet I'm always sad. Bullying has never been a problem for me, people can say something about me and I just don't care. So what's the problem?

Last edited:

dottie

nothing is wrong with you. you're normal. it sounds like you are an introvert in a family full of extroverts who do not understand you. don't feel like a victim because of it. it's uite normal to not fit in with ones family. so, you're cut from a different cloth. your parents do care about you. they are concerned and want to see you thrive but do not rely on them for happiness or validation. it is up to you to seek out happiness. do things you enjoy.