I don't understand why people do this

8BitLoser

Okay, so I told a friend at work that I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder. She sat there and told me it's good that I felt like I could talk about it and was pretty decent about it... well at least I thought as much.

Last week on Friday, she and 3 other people I talk to called me a freak. I swear one of them was doing it to get into her pants, if you know what I mean, and she was lapping it up and joining in. When it came to finishing, I ended up getting a lift from my older brother as I'd finished late. I be nice and offer her and the *****s a lift, as they had no way of getting home. They are near enough finger f**cking in the back of the car. My brother nearly chucks all of us out and I end up having a fight with him because of it.

That would be the end of it, except I agreed earlier on the week to meet with someone to do some graphical design for their business.. the problem being I had to meet the work 'friend' on Saturday to be introduced. She stood me up for 2 hours. After all that, I get a 'hi how r u? x' text as if nothing happened at all. So I explain what's wrong and she tells me that she had her reasons for it and treats me like I'm being an a******.

Well anyway, she's being telling people that I'm being nasty to her and not telling her why, so I end up with people either avoiding me or getting aggressive (normally other guys) and making threats. I've had no apology or anything from anyone.

Bit of a long post, but I really needed to get it out as it's been running through my head for a week.... If anyone has any idea as to why I'm being made everybody's enemy it'd be nice as I have no idea.

R3K

don't give them rides anymore, don't help them with the graphic design thing, ignore them at work, unfollow them on facebook. if they ask you why you're being distant with them all of a sudden, just say "don't worry about it." Let them be drama-mongering juveniles and do things outside work to take your mind off them.

basically, don't feed the drama monkeys

8BitLoser

Thanks to the both of you :)

@R3K yeah I'm not going to do that anymore...

@AtTheGates I'm avoid most people most of the day, so avoiding her shouldn't be a problem. I suppose you are right about not telling people I'm unsure of about it, but I tend to find I prefer being honest as to why I'm not wanting to be around people or when they ask the dreaded question of 'what's wrong'...

RachB

I think you should just ignore and stay away from her. She sounds really toxic. You don't need people like that in your life. I guess some people have nothing else better to do than pick on other people and cause unnecessary drama.