I don't think that they understand

ilmatross

Does anyone else with diagnosed agoraphobia have a severe problem with eye contact? if someone is in my prefrial vision i freak out and start to shake, make uncontrolled muscle spasms etc

I have to leave the situation immediately and this has caused me to drop out of college its so bad

I've been in therapy for 3 years with an amazing therapist who is very easy going and understands my situation, probably the only room in the world i feel comfortable.

ive been talking to my parents about going into in-patient for 30 days to force myself into human contact. do you guys think that would be a good idea?

3 years ago I overdosed on cocaine, before then I was the life of the party. I knew everyone and everybody knew me, I had all the friends in the world. I had -no- social anxiety. now I can't cope with getting a haircut. I shake too much to hold steady.

-hermit-

I don't really have a problem with eye contact though I can't hold it for more than a few seconds with out looking away. Even though I don't leave my house I have no real serious problems when it comes to interacting with people, I just feel uncomfortable and cant really maintain or start a conversation, it's like extreme shyness which is probably just because I have zero confidence.

I hear you on the hairdresser haha I have not been in nearly two years. Sitting there unable to speak while staring at your self in the mirror...