i didn't like the counselors

LazyHermitCrab

I went to a counselor the other day for the first time and I found it really boring. It felt like an hour long interview. It was worth a try lol...

Diend

yeah it got worse when i had to tell my story to different counselors over and over. i did stick through with one counselor for about 12 sessions and the least i gained from it was someone to talk to on 9ams in the morning.

AtTheGates

Banned
I find it strange when you go to a counselor,therapist, or shrink and open up to them with the understanding that they wont judge you/look down their nose at you but then thats EXACTLY what they do. That happened to me one time. I felt like saying "I thought we were in the trust tree" but i figured it would be inappropriate, given the setting....it just dont think its part of their job to judge you/make you feel bad.

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

yeah it got worse when i had to tell my story to different counselors over and over. i did stick through with one counselor for about 12 sessions and the least i gained from it was someone to talk to on 9ams in the morning.

that's good. I think the chemistry was just off. I felt bad because she asked when if I wanted to meet again and I said yes so it wouldn't hurt her feelings but didn't schedule a specific date. gotta keep looking I guess...

LazyHermitCrab

I find it strange when you go to a counselor,therapist, or shrink and open up to them with the understanding that they wont judge you/look down their nose at you but then thats EXACTLY what they do. That happened to me one time. I felt like saying "I thought we were in the trust tree" but i figured it would be inappropriate, given the setting....it just dont think its part of their job to judge you/make you feel bad.

aww a trust tree sounds cute :p anyway yeah I felt like she was judging my decisions as too careless... she didn't say that but I can read people especially when they make it obvious... it made me more anxious because she implied not to be reliant on other people and I'm already alone a lot so I was like wutttt lol