I cried today lol

froghat

So, I work as a vendor for a snack company and deliver to grocery stores. At one store, a new manager just started and he wanted me to put up a new display that my company's products will go own. Technically it's a good thing cause I can make more money, but it's more hassle and personally I don't think it's worth it. Basically it just adds more stress to my life.

Anyways, I misunderstood him last week. I thought he wanted the display next week, not this week. So, I didn't have the right product on the truck. I put up what I did have and left. Then I got a call from the other store manager (she's a big biatch) and was told to come back and stock the display.

So, I was nervous driving back trying to figure out what to say. Long story short, this guy pretty much made me feel like a retard. I told him I wasn't prepared for this display and didn';t load up properly the last time I went to the warehouse. He basically said "well you had plenty of time" and I just kind of stayed silent. In addition to that, the bailer machine that crushes cardboard wasn't working when I left the first time, so I just left it my the machine. Then when I came back it was working and he asked my why I left it there.

Eventually I put some other sale items on the display and left. When I was in the truck I felt so alone and just sick of all the stress I have from work and life in general. I never make a good first impression, I never feel comfortable at any job and I just started to cry...

I try to put a happy face on, but I'm fed up with life! I thought getting a job would be helpful, but I feel worse with it. I wish I could do a job where I didn't have to be around people. I just hate dealing with people. I stink at communication! No one talks to me unless they want to yell at me!

If I wasn't on Paxil, I probably would of quit today... Paxil is the only thing keeping my life from crashing and burning, but that's not much. Uhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone else have a day like this before? It sucvks!

joshueg

Hi, Froghat!, well, i have had plenty of days like that!!.
Sooner or later there are days like that in people' s lives, but it is more painful and more uncomfortable if you (like me too) are a social phobic.
The next time something like that happens to you, remember nobody is perfect and what happened to you can happen to other people, you are not worse than any other else!!!
Thanks God, time goes by and within a few days you' ll be feeling better.
See you and aboveall don' t think you' re not understood by anyone because you are.
Bye!;)

Hang in there. My husband pointed out to me that what I am interpreting sometimes as personal rejection is simply the fact that the world is full of hateful a-holes. The guy at the store seems demanding and unreasonable to me. Miscommunication is my greatest pitfall in dealing with social situations. I don't express myself well verbally & often misunderstand what others are saying to me. This situation you described sounds like a communication error & he sounds like a jerk. I'm beginning to think we phobics are highly sensitive people & internalize everything as happening to us. I know that's what I do. Maybe it's just we're living in a hateful world that we fail to understand because we're trying to be civil while those we're dealing with could care less? Just something to chew on.

Ren Koutaisou

I try to cry sometimes, but nothing ever comes out. Well not to say nothing, but only about a few tears, which burn my eyes so badly, that I just can't continue. I wish I could cry, though. I want to.
People make fun of me at my job, but instead of responding, I just don't... say anything...

Quiet Angel

Crying is perfectly fine because sometimes that's all it takes to relieve yourself. It's unfortunate that you endured quite a struggle. I, myself, have had numerous difficulties performing in work-related areas. It may possibly be due to my A.D.D. so often times, I receive frustration in return from co-workers. But realize; us human beings aren't always perfect, we make mistakes, and we grow stronger from our experiences.

Last edited:

joshueg

Ren, try an respond someday!, if people don' t show any respect at all for you, you don' t have to respect them either, and have to let them know that you did not like the comments they may have made about u.
See you!