I can't stay off the computer.

Ren Koutaisou

I can not spend a day without using the computer. This makes me paranoid because I developed nearsightedness, but I don't care anymore.

Lost Girl

Me either. I can stay away from it on the weekends though because I have claimed it to myself as being 'family time', but during the week the computer is on all day and I constantly come back to it.

Richey

same here! its a great escape like anything. its like an endless library of information. then there is youtube if you like music then its hard to stay away from. you can communicate with others. it has its drawbacks but i think its a positive tool to have. only thing is its one more resourceful piece of technology to occupy your time with and the more this happens in the future the more easier it will be to creat barriers to real life.

i think we are at a stage now where we have enough resourceful technology and any more flavours of the month/year etc may become problematic if they become expected for households to own.

right now we have gaming, computers, mobile phones, HD television, ipods.

this feels like enough to keep us going for a while. you have to remember that back in the early to mid 90's mobile phones, ipods, computers werent available. you couldnt pay your bills online. this has a major shifting effect on lifestyles.

there is obviously going to be impacts that are arguable for not having these gadgets and how they help having them as well. there are social impacts if you allow there to be.
its all about control and moderation.

philly2bits

I find myself going on the computer more then I would like. If I have nothing else planned or anything that needs to be done, I will spend my time on the computer. I don't even watch TV as much as I used to.

I basically live on the computer unless I force myself to do other things. I don't go out except to work, and I don't have TV, so what else am I supposed to do? ::p:

Yeah, this site gives me yet another reason to be on the computer 24/7. Now that I've discovered this site, I can't imagine my life without it. Sometimes, I'll be on the computer (for whatever reason) all day long, leaving me dismayed.

...And those death and gore sites are FASCINATING AND CREEPY.

Last edited:

SpLynx

I also spend most of my time by the computer and cant stay away from it for long times. It is my place for socializing because it is not that awkward like a real world.

planemo

6782.gif

Me too. Ever since I got internet a day doesn't go by when I'm not on.::eek::

sabbath

Banned
Waiting for the revolution
New clear vision - genocide
Computerize god - it's the new religion
Program the brain - not the heartbeat

Onward all you crystal soldiers
Touch tomorrow - energize
Digital dreams
And you're the next correction
Man's a mistake so we'll fix it, yeah

Take a look at your own reflection
Right before your eyes
It turns to steel

Chorus:
There's another side of heaven
This way - to technical paradise
Find it on the other side
When the walls fall down

Love is automatic pleasure
Virtual reality
Terminal hate - it's a calculation
Send in the child for connection

Take a look at the toys around you
Right before your eyes
The toys are real

Chorus

Midnight confessions
Never heal the soul
What you believe is fantasy

Your past is your future
Left behind
Lost in time
Will you surrender

Waiting for the revolution
Program the brain
Not the heartbeat

Deliver us to evil
Deny us of our faith
Robotic hearts bleed poison
On the world we populate

Virtual existence
With a superhuman mind
The ultimate creation
Destroyer of mankind

Termination of our youth
For we do not compute
No !

shore_of_glass

yeah when internet drops I get really bored, no much else to do, I do everything on the computer (some study too). bit addicted yeah. and with this site, its just another reason :D

Emily_G

I was like this for a really long time...I was addicted to my, or any, computer. I finally just had to bread the addiction by not getting on for a few days...it was hard, but worth it.