I can't feel happy for other people...

kuhtreen

...I can only feel jealous. I hate how selfish I have become. Envy just takes over me, and I feel like an ugly monster. ::(:

recluse

It's ok i often feel the same. Whenever i hear about someone achieving something good i just say ''congratulations!'' and i try to sound pleased for them but deep down inside i feel jealous, i know i shouldn't but i can't help feeling inadequete in comparison to someone who seems to be doing well for themselves.

mrb

well you aint ugly lol and we all get jealous of other people , and selfish well....... hey we all have a lil of that inside us , now take me for instance there is noooooo way id share my tuna sarnie , my banana , my apple or any of my food i take to work for lunch , now thats selfish lol gazza

tucktick

I know what u guys mean. I think its because we are really insecure and we feel threatened and left out by everyone. I feel this all time, but as I'm trying to fight my SAD I feel that it will go away as I get better. Keep moving forward, don't look back!!

princess_haru

I was overcome with pangs of envy a couple of days ago, and felt really terrible about it because it was a friend I was envying ::(:

Tiercel

Hey, at least you still envy others. I usually either respond with apathy or anger. Maybe there are some hidden reasons why I chose to use a pic of Peter Steele as my avatar.

But you still envy others. That's good. You know, I think that officially gives me a reason to envy you.

Oh, no! I'm turning green! :D

Argamemnon

I never used to envy anyone, but that has changed. I envy people who are in relationships and have friends. People who lead normal lives. I think to myself; "I'm a good person, what on earth did I do to deserve this pathetic life?".

Last edited:

bagota50

Yes, This happens to me quite often.
I see happy couples, happy young people enjoying life and get jealous.
I know I can't stop this, so I just passively accept it now.

Island_chic

Yes, I feel the same way (expressionless) but I say congradulations and pretend I really care because that's all I can do

kuhtreen

I never used to envy anyone, but that has changed. I envy people who are in relationships and have friends. People who lead normal lives. I think to myself; "I'm a good person, what on earth did I do to deserve this pathetic life?".

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm a songwriter, I actually wrote a song about that a while ago!

"I guess it's not about what's fair
Guess it's not about your heart
'Cause I know that I'm good inside
But I keep getting scarred"