Hypochonria.

LadyWench

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone else here suffers from hypochondria? It's one of my biggest problems.

*EDIT*: Of course I missed the D in the title. I don't know how to change it and it's driving me insane!

Jimsie

Yeah, ive had hypochondria pretty bad before, worrying about having a serious illness was making me feel worse so it was like a vicious cycle. It kinda stopped after i realised that it was just me worrying about nothing. It was really horrible at the time though, my life was just consumed by it and it went on for months.

I always worry about stuff.. even if one thing is solved i will start worrying about the next thing, its never ending.

Noca

Banned
Im as fully diagnosed as ill ever be. I dont think I have illnesses that havent already been diagnosed.

LadyWench

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I just wish there was a way to get rid of all these unnecessary fears. It's one health worry right after another.

Dudley

At the moment I'm actually fairly under control so I can't think of a specific time when I thought I had some horrible disease or disorder, but I know I have worried about it in the past.

durda_dan

hypochondria is fantastic, i had a fever, rabies, aids herpes, and chlamydia without ever seaking meds. :D
**** you ocd!

Awkward Annie

I suffer with this too. It's awful. I can spend months at a time worrying about it and I will visit a doctor two or three times because I think the first dr might have missed something. It makes me nearly vomit with worry. It's the worst part of the whole anxiety problem.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I do worry about diseases, but now it isn't as bad as when I was younger. I could overcome it in most part, i don't know how.

I suffer from this as well, it causes many issues when I get sick, I just make myself sicker have the time.

Awkward Annie

I've had a sore shoulder on and off for nearly 2 years now and I've been to the Dr. 3 times with it. I'm convinced it's something really serious and feel the Dr's haven't checked it out enough. I'm going crazy diagnosing myself.

Noca

Banned
I could care less if I got diagnosed with a terminal illness. I guess this hypochondria disorder only affects those who care about life.