How SPW site has made me feel...

lily

I feel i want to leave this place and go to another forum bc i feel i get very little or no support, encouragement and response to my posts. I do give those to other people though so they might not feel like me. how do you all feel about this site?

LoyalXenite

This site is quieter than it used to be but I still love it here. Its one of my online homes so to speak, and was crucial for me getting through some really shit times in life.

I think what you need to remember Lily is that is is a site for SA, so some people have trouble replying to posts, many prefer to lurk. So with that in mind you do get a fair amount of responses to your posts

lily

i know that there are people with SA who like to lurk but that's not how i feel right now about this site. it's more of an issue of not enough people now and so you get less chances of responses.

theoutsider

This site is quieter than it used to be but I still love it here. Its one of my online homes so to speak, and was crucial for me getting through some really shit times in life.
I share your experience and feel exactly the same! I like that I can come here when I've had a really shitty day and express as much without somebody telling me they don't need to hear the negativity or that they just don't understand.

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

I share your experience and feel exactly the same! I like that I can come here when I've had a really shitty day and express as much without somebody telling me they don't need to hear the negativity or that they just don't understand.
Run out of thanks for the day, so heres a reply instead :thumbup: :perfect:

lily

you missed the point of me feeling my posts being ignored, it's not that i blame others if they really feel SA about it

I agree with Loyal and Theoutsider. I don't think people aren't 'supporting' you Lily, it's just that people can - and will - simply reply to the posts/post to what they feel like during that moment. Sometimes I see a post I COULD reply to, but don't because I sometimes just can't be bothered typing it in lol.

I couldn't have written it better than Loyal did in her first reply.

I agree with Loyal and Theoutsider. I don't think people aren't 'supporting' you Lily, it's just that people can - and will - simply reply to the posts/post to what they feel like during that moment. Sometimes I see a post I COULD reply to, but don't because I sometimes just can't be bothered typing it in lol.

I couldn't have written it better than Loyal did in her first reply.
This is true. There will be a lot of times where I'll read a thread or post, and desperately try to say something to help or make them feel better. But a lot of the time, I've simply not got the tools or knowledge to do so. Sometimes I even feel weird talking to them, largely because I hardly respond to their posts for the aforementioned reasons. I'm even afraid to reply too much to single users.

If it means anything, there's not a single post in a thread that I've actively ignored. They're all read and processed even if I end up not responding to them. As I imagine a lot of people here do. I'd hate to see you go, Lily. You're a familiar face. But at the same time I understand why you'd want to. It often feels like the memories of SPW are a hundred years old, since so many people have moved on. Which I suppose is also a good thing, since some of them left for greener pastures.

LoyalXenite

If it means anything, there's not a single post in a thread that I've actively ignored. They're all read and processed even if I end up not responding to them. As I imagine a lot of people here do.
I'm the same, I read all the posts, but half the time I just dont know how to reply or dont like what I type so I never end up posting it, or I start to second guess it all and decide its better to just stay out of the conversation.

Kiwong

My thoughts are that you shouldn't really get that worried that much about a forum. The true place to look for support is the people around you - family, friends, health professionals. A forum is a place to be able to express myself in some anonymity. I have had some support from some great people on here but that is a bonus.

This is true. There will be a lot of times where I'll read a thread or post, and desperately try to say something to help or make them feel better. But a lot of the time, I've simply not got the tools or knowledge to do so. Sometimes I even feel weird talking to them, largely because I hardly respond to their posts for the aforementioned reasons. I'm even afraid to reply too much to single users.
Same here. I often don't reply because it's people who never talked to me (which is pretty stupid when you think about it). Sometimes I type an answer but then I delete it because I'm wondering who I think I am to give anyone any advice. Sometimes I post something unrelated to anyone and then I delete it because I assume no one cares. And lately I've been in a cynical mood so it's better for everyone if I don't post too much ...!

lily

there are positives to SPW too, i was just pointing out the utmost important thing thanks for the replies everyone anyway

Last edited:

lily

Same here. I often don't reply because it's people who never talked to me (which is pretty stupid when you think about it). Sometimes I type an answer but then I delete it because I'm wondering who I think I am to give anyone any advice. Sometimes I post something unrelated to anyone and then I delete it because I assume no one cares. And lately I've been in a cynical mood so it's better for everyone if I don't post too much ...!
you're important to give advice Pacific_Loner. you shouldn't really assume that no one cares bc they might not be like that and you didn't get your responses to your questions or topics.

btw nice username. i can relate. I'm a loner too nowadays

Last edited:
you're important to give advice Pacific_Loner. you shouldn't really assume that no one cares bc they might not be like that and you didn't get your responses to your questions or topics.

btw nice username. i can relate. I'm a loner too nowadays
Thanks, I'm sorry about your loneliness, it doesn't sound like you enjoy it. I hope things will get better for you

lily

i don't want to blame SPW for the emptiness here anymore. it has improved w/ the new forum layout and now I've seen someone register so socialphobiaworld can still be great if more people joined or posted.

Last edited: