how often ?

mrb

do you look at other people on the street and wish you were them , it might be an expensive car you cant afford , or there clothes , or looks , or just sitting in a cafe and watching how confident they are with people ......

DarkPhoenix

I would like to obtain certain traits from those people yes but would not want to switch lives with them, these people have their own troubles that we dont know about. I'm grateful for the life i have been given despite all thats wrong with it lol.

seafolly

Oops, sorry about that, haha, the problem with a huge forum is when I drop notes about my history not many actually see it!

Yes, I faint in public. I'm agoraphobic but not because I'm terrified of people, I'm terrified of fainting. It started as simple generalized anxiety but when the symptoms escalated to fainting I (understandably) did everything in my power to avoid stressful situations. Unfortunately I'm in a hole by doing that as I refuse to leave the house without someone else (people have a tendency to call 911 if I pass out!) to guard over me if it happens.

I should wear a sign saying, "Stay calm. Back in a minute." ::p:

Rembrandt Broam

do you look at other people on the street and wish you were them , it might be an expensive car you cant afford , or there clothes , or looks , or just sitting in a cafe and watching how confident they are with people ......

I don't really envy the car, clothes or other material possessions. I'm not really all that bothered about those sorts of things, and if I really did want them then I could acquire them by applying myself in order to earn more money.

I suppose if I see some really attractive guy, I might think that he's lucky that certain aspects of his life will be easier because of that. But it would really be the confidence of other people that I would envy. That fact that they probably don't even have to try - that it likely comes easily and naturally to them. It never will for me. Still, I don't really expend a lot of energy being jealous or envious of even that. I am the way I am, and they are they way they are. That's just the way it is.

mrb

Oops, sorry about that, haha, the problem with a huge forum is when I drop notes about my history not many actually see it!

Yes, I faint in public. I'm agoraphobic but not because I'm terrified of people, I'm terrified of fainting. It started as simple generalized anxiety but when the symptoms escalated to fainting I (understandably) did everything in my power to avoid stressful situations. Unfortunately I'm in a hole by doing that as I refuse to leave the house without someone else (people have a tendency to call 911 if I pass out!) to guard over me if it happens.

I should wear a sign saying, "Stay calm. Back in a minute." ::p:

or 2 min lol ::p:

Meisiemel

Every time I go grocery shopping and have to lug my heavy backpack uphill, I envy the people with cars. Also when I'm squashed in between people in a minibus taxi, being deafened by the music. It really feels like being a sardine in a can.It's not an exaggeration - the taxi operators squeeze the maximum passengers in, and you have to sit right up against other people, pressed shoulder-to-shoulder. Every night when I take the rubbish downstairs, I look at all the cars in the parking garage of my building and think "why can't I be like a normal person?".It's because of my shyness that I haven't yet learned to drive, and I've never had a proper job so I don't have any money to buy a car.
I long ago accepted my shyness and learned to live with it so I don't bother wishing I was someone else because of their confidence, but the car thing really bugs me a lot.Never mind fancy cars - I even envy people driving jalopies.

Quiet Angel

It's so easy to make comparisons--I catch myself doing that
fairly often but I try to focus on myself & count my blessings.

DanFC

I've never actually wanted to be anyone else. I think my self-loathing may be a kind of narcissism (think Dr. Cox, lol). But I do want a lot of things other people have like looks, power, a significant other, etc.

Ree_Ree

One thing I have envied is maybe the way they are around other people. They are confident, comfortable, and some even seem happy. I don't think much about the material things such as the cars, houses or good job, etc.

I'm use to NOT having much. It's my nature, because my Social Anxiety won't let me have anything. I rather have the confidence any day, and the other stuff will be added on.

With me I have to say I envy their confidence more than anything. I often think how easy the "normal" folk get it. They have no idea how debilitating social phobia can be.

Kiwong

I have come to a stage in my life where I am happy being me. I'm glad that I have a passion and gift for doing the things I love.

Of course I wish I didn't suffer from anxiety, my life would be a lot easier. But I don't look at other people and feel jealous at all.

DekKO

Yeah totally. Guys my age who have a hot girlfriend and i'm here looking stupid. I need a hoe!

MsKitty

some times i do that, just wishing i could trade my life with theres..but other times i just dream about the person i could be.:confused:

mrb

I sometimes see women whom I wish I looked like...maybe not exactly like them because I still want to have my unique look, but there are certain physical charactersitics I might covet. For instance, I might want my figure to look more like theirs. Otherwise, I never wish I were someone else. It's easy to assume how great someone is and how good they have it. It's too easy to envy them, but it's important to keep in mind that we don't know anything about these people. No matter how perfect someone seems, you don't know what kinds of issues they may be dealing with in private. We don't know what kind of people they truly are.

yea so says stealth queen ;) in and out and no one even knew she was here , sneaky or what :cool:

Not often.
1967 Chevy Impala, black. Saw one, should be mine. Sometimes watch people who seem to have no job and tons of cash. Where did they get it? They don't seem to be the sharing type either.