How much does music affect you?

arsenalwa

I'm wondering cause music can have such a profound impact on me. Music can really totally change the way I feel. I also think I'm considerably less anxious in public if I'm listening to music on my earphones, etc.

How much does it affect you, or does it at all?

LookingForward

completely and utterly.
My mind is a fickle string that is plucked by any musician,
My heart is the drum that moves to any beat...

lonely_drummer

music is my everything. its the reason i wake up in the mornings. it can do so many things for me. It can calm me down, make me remember, it can also empower me with the right amount of strength to show my face in public sometimes. I am so obsessed with music that the few girls i used to date would actually get jealous because of how much time i spent on music compared to them. But the biggest thing about music is that I never have to worry about it judging me.

3lefts

I couldn't live without it. I actually thought once that if the future came to inserting chips in our brains, I would do it only if it had an option to have background music to everything. I'm not sure if I should think that over or not. :D
If I can find the right sound for what I'm feeling it always helps without a doubt!

I used to be able to give myself over to it. But now, I tend to automatically fight the emotions it would otherwise give me. I guess it came with my defenses against emotional manipulation from people. :/

I still enjoy a good song, though. They just effect me significantly less. Where I currently live, anway. Outside of this environment I am more open to music. :3

theblank

I LOVE music!!! It encourages me, inspires me and keeps me going. Plus it helps me to deal with my emotions that would otherwise be out of control.

philly2bits

I couldn't live without it. I actually thought once that if the future came to inserting chips in our brains, I would do it only if it had an option to have background music to everything. I'm not sure if I should think that over or not. :D
If I can find the right sound for what I'm feeling it always helps without a doubt!

I'd probably do that too. Some songs make me feel like I could do any thing. Too bad I can't carry that feeling after the song ends.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It really does completely own me. When I listen to a song I am that song. Sometimes I can't listen to certain songs because my mood won't let me, it would be like oil and water. Of all the things in life not only do I relate best with music but I couldn't even imagine living a life without it.

arsenalwa

It really does completely own me. When I listen to a song I am that song. Sometimes I can't listen to certain songs because my mood won't let me, it would be like oil and water. Of all the things in life not only do I relate best with music but I couldn't even imagine living a life without it.

Me too. I like the part in bold. That's so true. An example would be how sometimes I'm feeling all anxious in public and a "cool" song comes on and, at least for the duration of the song, I feel that I somewhat forget all about my anxiety and I actually feel that I'm "cool" myself. That's one example but in general music is quite possibly my absolute favourite thing in this world really.

LovelyAmor

Omg always listening to music throughout the day. The music helps me cope with reality. When I have a lot of inner turmoil I just put my earphones on and let it blast. It makes me feel a lot better and I listen to upbeat songs so that gives me the drive to keep going.

But you know... sometimes I feel like "blocking out" things and just putting on my earphones is not going to solve all my problems in life. ::(: I usually drift into this fantasy world where I am not going through any problems and that I never experienced the traumatic crap that I did in my life. I feel that sooner or later I am going to end up in certain situations and people are going to wonder why I randomly start listening to music instead of talking about the issue.. :confused:

Heh :rolleyes:

Confuseddd

music has helped me stay positive. Music is something that "connected" me to something. When i listen to music and analyze the lyrics, i feel oddly at peace, especially when im listening to the band tool or a perfect circle. Both those bands music has been such an amazing vocal point to my emotions and to my soul. Other times just music that makes me feel something other then anxious is absolutely amazing. For instance this song that i would like to share ( its ok if some of you think its gay) But this song is all i want out of a women to see in me.. it makes me feel oddly sad but at peace at the same time?

YouTube - Darren Hayes of Savage Garden - So Beautiful

Last edited:

MaliceInWickedland

Just like everyone out there in the world, I cannot live without music. I can't even go a full day without hearing music or else I'll go insane. It also helps calm my SA. Whenever I have to go to a public place that tends to be crowded like the mall I'll just slip my earbuds on and listen to music. Sometimes I'll just have the earbuds in my ear with no music on. Dunno why, but it makes me feel more comfortable ::p:

arsenalwa

Just like everyone out there in the world, I cannot live without music. I can't even go a full day without hearing music or else I'll go insane. It also helps calm my SA. Whenever I have to go to a public place that tends to be crowded like the mall I'll just slip my earbuds on and listen to music. Sometimes I'll just have the earbuds in my ear with no music on. Dunno why, but it makes me feel more comfortable ::p:

Not everyone though.