Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 (only child)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikebird

Banned
I think the more, the happier and successful you'll be

Was it something obvious I didn't get yet? Big family = big smiles :D :)

I was the youngest of three, with two brothers 30 years older, and one dead

My dead Mum had 12 siblings, during the Second World War, and most of her siblings, my aunties & uncles, had about 8 or 10 kids per family

Last edited:

lilmutegirl

I'm the younger of two siblings. My brother is literally a genius. And he's had a traumatic brain injury. I feel so inferior intellectually, even though he has never intentially done anything to cause that.
I'm pretty sure neither of us was happy during our childhood, and I think our parents did a lousy job of teaching us how to be adults, so we're still figuring that out on our own (in our early 30s currently).

DeadmanWalking

By birth, I have 2 older brothers and 2 older sisters. By marriage, I have 1 older stepsibling (that I know of). So, I'm the youngest child in my family.

O'Killian

My evidence is purely anecdotal, but big families are hardly a guarantor of happiness, and it seems like a lot of the time there's not even necessarily a positive correlation.

I'm an only child - my parents were apparently very infertile, and despite having tried their whole lives, I wasn't conceived until my mother was 35. My mother and father are both screwed up emotionally and/or mentally, and they had 2 and 3 siblings respectively. I have quite a few cousins, and most of the ones that are siblings aren't very close. Almost all of them have scattered to the four winds and are rarely in contact.

My dad's extended family is ludicrously large, though, and I can say that they've been much more a source of drama than a source of support.

Canis lupus

Only child. I often wonder if I had some siblings my SA wouldn't be that bad but seeing the answers here i guess it doesn't really help.

WeirdyMcGee

Mom and dad were only married until I was 2-- so I have 1 full blooded sibling.
I raised my younger brother since he was born; although he's only a half sibling.
So, that's 2-- with me as the middle child.

I would also count my step-siblings, though; since they were around for most of my life.
And that would make the number... uhhh...
10? And I am still the middle child.

Any with social phobia?
One that I know of. Lots of OCD and Depression, though.

Daniel089

I have a brother who's 13 years older than me and a sister who's 16 years older than me. And my mom gave birth to total of 5 babies, one was born dead because of nuclear radiation in result of the Chernobyl accident in 1986, the other baby died because of a heart failure at the age of 1 month in 1987, but since a genetician persuaded them, my parents didn't give up so then I came in 1989.