How long...

JosephG

Here's a hypothetical situation: Say I am a person who's just discovered they are suffering from a gluten allergy/sensitivity and I decided to completely cut out all forms of gluten and wheat out of my diet - How long would it take for me to completely feel the positive effects of removing the allergen from my diet?

mmmm

I'm trying to cut it out because it aggravates my fibro. I just feel so flat and lifeless and I've ended up replacing it with too sweet coffee, which is baaaaddd

JosephG

thank you for your responses :)
I am starting to think that it is a real possibility I have a gluten allergy. I'm going to get some allergy tests done soon to see.

Phoenixx

thank you for your responses :)
I am starting to think that it is a real possibility I have a gluten allergy. I'm going to get some allergy tests done soon to see.
^ Sounds like a good plan. What type of testing are you planning to do? I actually was diagnosed twice by a homeopathic type doctor. They use a totally different method, known as Bioset. It seems completely crazy at first (I really didn't believe it either, even after the "diagnosis"), but it is 100% accurate I can assure you.

JosephG

I was thinking about asking my GP for blood tests. I think they test immunoglobin or something? I think that may be the only "free" option on the NHS though so it's probably all I'm going to do. Bioset sounds interesting - I will ask my doctor about it and the different tests you can do.

Phoenixx

I was thinking about asking my GP for blood tests. I think they test immunoglobin or something? I think that may be the only "free" option on the NHS though so it's probably all I'm going to do. Bioset sounds interesting - I will ask my doctor about it and the different tests you can do.
^ I'm not exactly sure what they test during blood tests as I have never had it done, but you're probably right. Bioset is a very interesting procedure. Here's a pretty good webpage explaining it. >>> Absolute Holistic Medicine