how do u feel

Hellraising

Getting worse, definately. Having no therapy or medication. Though, I feel that I'm already at the worst stage, but they say 'things can always be worse', so I don't really know...

Lost_Nomad

some days this ,some days that, doing every thing slower than what is supposed to be normal . I just dont have the drive any more. i could have been in univ. too but SA crippled my marks.

young

Hellraising said:
Getting worse, definately. Having no therapy or medication. Though, I feel that I'm already at the worst stage, but they say 'things can always be worse', so I don't really know...

Actually talking on here is one step better than not getting therapy. Your talking about what you go thru and trying to get better. You may not be at the level you'd like to be. But you are definately one step closer. I firmly believe that things could always be worse. They truly can. Having anxiety and sa is small when you look at those that live in poverty, those that have fatal diseases. Those that have no family.

paul

I actually thought I was making some progress until today. So much homework and social pressures today bring me back to square 1.

shep

I have been dealing with a relatively mild case of sa since my teens and I'm now retired and it is easier now. Over the years, I found that my office job was my worst and my job that involved physical labor was my best (swimming pool service). I guess that the combination of the physical exercise and being around fewer people helped. Exercise has always helped me on those days when I was feeling a little down or depressed. Nowadays, I bicycle almost every day, I'm active around the house, and I have less contact with people. So, if you are fortunate to be able to work, there will be a lot more peace of mind when you reach retirement. :wink:

LeapFrog

I'm not getting any better. I would probably be getting better if it wasn't for my mood-swings. Like on Saturday, I was quite cheery, but today I am not. I am in a really shitty mood right now... Sorta depressed/bored/anxious/angry. It's a strange emotion to explain... Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about... :cry:

young

shep said:
I have been dealing with a relatively mild case of sa since my teens and I'm now retired and it is easier now. Over the years, I found that my office job was my worst and my job that involved physical labor was my best (swimming pool service). I guess that the combination of the physical exercise and being around fewer people helped. Exercise has always helped me on those days when I was feeling a little down or depressed. Nowadays, I bicycle almost every day, I'm active around the house, and I have less contact with people. So, if you are fortunate to be able to work, there will be a lot more peace of mind when you reach retirement. :wink:

When you have a desk job you're sitting there doing nothing. But when you are out doing things you enjoy and are fun. You're not thinking about your sa. SA works best when you feed it your negative thoughts. When your mind is preoccupied with something you enjoy you don't even notice your not having anxiety attacks.

4myself

I was getting better but now I feel like I am having a relapse, but I guess these things go in cycles so hopefully I will feel better soon.

zoooo

Generally better!!

I kept feeling worse and worse, just fearing how bad it could get, thinking I'd end up in a looneybin (madhouse) at some point..

But then I started seeing a psychotherapist (cognitive/behavioural) and it's really changed so much. I can not recommend it enough.. If you can build up your confidence and contact one, it might change your life totally.. It does take time though. It's taken me a few months to get to this stage, and I've got quite a way to go. But I'm so much better and that's just great :D:)

strawberry

hi everyone, i'm a newbie, so be nice to me :D

today i'm feeling okay. the last couple of weeks, starting back in college, have been intensely stressful, and then I got sick so I was pretty much forced to stop and calm down.

I found this site when I was searching for resources on SA, because, (brave soldier that I am) I am trying to cure myself of the disorder.

If I feel bad, I try my damndest to remind myself that it's just a cognitive distortion. And the glass is always half full :wink:

Boundless

young said:
Hellraising said:

Actually talking on here is one step better than not getting therapy. Your talking about what you go thru and trying to get better. You may not be at the level you'd like to be. But you are definately one step closer. I firmly believe that things could always be worse. They truly can. Having anxiety and sa is small when you look at those that live in poverty, those that have fatal diseases. Those that have no family.

True things could be worse,but i dont think comparing SA to poverty and fatal diseases is right tho,SA shouldnt be considered "small" by anyone its a very real problem - poverty can be helped alot more easily than SA can,if the fat lazy ass world leaders got up and did something about it,fatal diseases on the other hand are what they are theres no arguing that.

black_mamba

Better, worse.

Better, worse.

Better better better, worse.

Better, worse, worse, worse, better.

Sounds like a bloody SP morse code. :lol:

angiepangie

xx SOmetimes good but i just got back from spain and started a new job and loved parts but loathed others its pure torture sitting in groups for meetings and doing courses and having to contribute when you just wan2 go home.Ran off the other week and havent been back. want 2 though.GIrls do you get worse sa during the cycle? keep fighting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx