how do i get help?

exquisite

i told my mom that im pretty sure i have sa about a month ago, if not more. that day, i also asked her to help me find a doctor so i can get diagnosed & treated..every single day since then, ive asked her if she's found anything out with the insurance company, but every time i ask her, she just says, ill do it later, i havent had time, etc.

today, we got into a HUGE fight, i dont even know how it started. but i basically told her that i came to her for help, since i have absolutely no one else to turn to & she didnt do sh*t to help me when i asked her. & she told me that why would she do something for me when i never do anything for her? then she said that she constantly asks me to clean my room, but i never do it. seriously?! i didnt clean my room when she asked, so she doesnt find out any information for my, for lack of a better word, disabilities?!

god, im crying while writing this...here i thought my mom was the one person i could turn to, & now i just realized that i have no one. absolutely no one. ive never felt so alone in my entire life. & to top off my sa, i also know that ive fallen into a very deep depression. ha, i was thinking today, fine, shes not taking my pleas seriously, well maybe she'll realize just how serious it is when she finds me hanging from the ceiling.

no worries, i dont have the guts to do anything, nor will i, since i feel like i'd be missing so much..hehe suicide as revenge doesnt fix anything. i just find it kinda strange that ive thought about suicide since i was about 12..im 19. that isnt normal.

now that im done venting (sorry guys..i needed to get that out), i was wondering, for treating SA & depression, do i need to find a psychologist or a psychiatrist? im currently trying to move out of my parents' house & im a college student, so i dont really have any money to pay for treatment..& im on my family's insurance plan...but ik that if i dont get help soon, im just gonna go deeper into myself & idk if i can take anymore of that. so ive decided that if my mom wont help me, ill do everything myself. i just dont know how or where to even start...

Wow, I am so sorry that you have a mother that is not taking this seriously Exquisite!::(: I don't know how it works in your country, but is there just a local general doctor you can go to, explain your situation to, and ask about therapists/phsychologists,etc.
You definetely need help right now, or you will just spiral down further into the depression, to a point where you are physically not able to get this help for yourself.

Last edited:

exquisite

basically all the people i thought i could turn to in my life have let me down or simply left. so although it hurts that this is the last person i had that i could actually go to..im not surprised.. well, i live in the states..so do i just go to the family doctor? or is there some research i can do online to find therapists? because, youre right, i need help asap..& i know that, i just have no idea how.

well I personally would not find a therapist online, that could be a bit risky. I would visit your family doctor, because he maybe able to recommend someone for you contact, then at least you know that he would only be recommending someone who had a good reputation.

Shift

Your mom sounds like my dad... I'm under his health insurance and he said that he'd look into seeing if it covers mental health (which it should) and it's been 3 or 4 years now and he's done nothing.

What kind of college are you going to? If you are going to a community college, there probably isn't anyone who can really help, but if you are going to a bigger, four year school, they usually have people there to help you.

You can try to search online for a nearby mental health place and try to find one that has a sliding scale for payment. Then it shouldn't be too expensive, if you do move out and are on your own.