How close are you to your family?

SilentStranger

I am very close to my parents and my only sibling. Partly because they are the only people I am comfortable with.

Just wondering how close people here are to their families? How do you relate to your siblings? Are they SPic or shy?

-SS

noone

I feel comfortable with my family too. So Im close to my parents and my sister. No problem except that I sometimes become stressed while Im talking to my dad.

angieLA7878

im not really close to any of them, i think it having something to do with the way i was raised. i always wondered why i cant feel close to my family like other people and their families.

HexNoir

We're close... but not too close. We still manage to piss eachother off. And honestly, I'd start to worry if that ever stopped. Healthy friendships/relationships should involve a ton of it!

maggie

SilentStranger said:
I am very close to my parents and my only sibling. Partly because they are the only people I am comfortable with.

Just wondering how close people here are to their families? How do you relate to your siblings? Are they SPic or shy?

-SS
i am somewhat close to my parents, and i'm the only sibling who is shy/suffers from anxiety. Actually, my 4 brothers and sisters are quite outgoing and outspoken :roll:

LaLaLa

kyle said:
LaLaLa said:
I'm not close with any of them anymore.

what happened?

I just don't know how to talk to them now. I even feel nervous if I ever had to sit with them on the same table to eat because I'm so afraid they'd start talking about me, my future and stuff...yes I know I'd have to face it sooner or later, but but... :cry:

4seasons

My mom kind of, i never talk to my dad because he basicly has another family and another life now. My sister also has SA and we don;t get along.

Generical

Probably closest to my mum, she's a lot easier to talk to and usually if i try to talk to dad it'll turn out to be an argument or lecture which = me walking away. :?

Richey

i'm not close to any of my family, mainly because i find them to be overly condescending in an unhealthy way ... sometimes i have interesting conversations with them ...i find my parents to act with a very ("i'm old and conservative") mindset ..it wasn't alot of fun growing up in the same house as them in the last say 10 years ....so many fights and arguments about meaningless little tedious issues and it made everybody more distant from each other. ...they can be very uptight and i think that influence and conditioning brought out my social anxiety ....it wasnt a relaxed environment

I found trying to have a decent conversation turned into a lecture on how i should be acting most of the time with my parents and even my sister ...rather then a relaxed stress free conversation or just trying to be goofy and fun ...was quite a challenge ..

as far as affection, hugging or best friends in the family circle it never occured ...

but i understand that this may be different for other people on this forum, i can see its possible to be close to family ....but it just didnt happen for me

doogiebklyn

I'm not close with mine either. The closer I am to someone, the more anxiety I have. I am much more comfortable with strangers or acquaintances.

Douglas

Hermes711

I'm closer to my mother than I am my father, I don't always feel comfortable talking with my father about anything but i can with my mom.