I'm sure somewhere along the 75 pages of this thread, this video must have been posted before. [/MEDIA]
I read that and thought "They're right, Green Day is a popular band and that's a great song, someone surely has posted it before. Hey, maybe I'll be a little funny and go find a person who posted it a quote it for them."
Here's what happened.
I started on the first page, thinking it's definitely going to be in the thread, and likely at the beginning when the song was less old, and more people posted. I was of course rushed with nostalgia from 10 year old posts, and felt quite old from posts such as "Ah, Trick Daddy, that brings back memories!" circa 10 years ago. About 10-15 pages in I'm surprised I haven't found a post with the song yet, but I'm enjoying the nostalgia and figure it's bound to pop up eventually. Around page 30 I'm considering giving up on the gag, which frankly probably isn't nearly as amusing as I think it'll be in my mind. Page 31 or so rolls around, and I'm reminded of a specific moment in my own personal history directly spurred on from a post in this thread, and decided to relive that segment of my life through my own not-so-subtle music feeling posts. Having lived it, I knew it wouldn't end well, so why I opted to remind myself of the saga I am not sure.
Now I'm at page 50, and, I can't really quit at this point. The damn song has to be here, or I'll prove that it isn't! Page 50 must have also been when the forum update for the first time though, as now none of the song titles were in the links. So instead of scanning all the pages for Green Day, I was opening each link in a new tab and waiting for the title to show there. Somewhere in the late 60's the forum moved to this site, and I was looking at embedded videos, until eventually I got to the end of page 75 without and Good Riddance by Green day to show for it.
But it donned on during those first 50 pages I was not opening the links without titles into new tabs, so I went back to page one and quickly scanned the first 50 pages again for stray title-less links to open to find the post including Good Riddance in it.
Here are my conclusions.
1) There are no posts including Good Riddance by Green Day. Or that is, you are in fact the first person to post that song in this thread excluding possible deleted posts, or removed videos on YouTube.
2) While Good Riddance by Green Day never found it's way here, Boulevard of Broken Dreams was a popular choice, as well as one post by my count of their lesser known song Give me Novocaine.
3) The most popular songs on this thread, by my informal scanning, seemed to be Everyday is Exactly the Same by Nine Inch Nails, Mad World by Gary Jules, and anything by Pink Floyd.
4) I need to find more productive ways to spend my time.
5) You can like posts from 10 years ago!
Ok *looks around room dazed* What was I doing an hour and half ago before I started this endeavor?