How am I supposed to get a job?

no1

Banned
I duno. some people tell me (well my grandparents) that you're supposed to be SUPERIOR to everyone else in every way and you should follow up by making your way up to the manager, and speak to him, regardless of what the people in the front tell you you cannot do. It shows you can be asshole because sometimes that's the only way you can get people to respect you (ie by fear) and that's not really respect is it?

Yarp

do you have a job No1 or sabbath9? hOW'D YOU GET THROUGH THE INTIMIDATING INTERVIEW? whoa, did'nt realize capslock was on...

Last edited:

ptah

I didn't have interview myself though I have a job. I was lucky I guess :). But my advise would be keep trying, showing up on interviews. For a start you could go for interviews of jobs you are not interested at all. Just to try and get yourself familiar with whole interviewing stuff. The first ones might be disasters but slowly you will feel more and more confident.

no1

Banned
right now.. I dont have a job, though I will be getting one very soon where my dad works. He got me my first job and now he's getting me this one :p.

I've had only one job that I've gotten by myself, and that was applying to a hotel. After this now I don't see getting a job as so hard it's just putting up with the job you have when you get it. I dont know how .. but I did it. And I had the interview, and was hired and stuff. The interview wasn't bad you know. It wasn't all that intimidating. I guess it depends on what you apply for. Just go in there and be yourself, and if you can just don't say anything negative or appear negative in any way IF you can. It might help.

hope you find a job.

peace

Beany

I tend to writhe in my own skin before the interview, and almost run every time, even if it's just a crappy job.
When I'm actually being interviewed, the questions seem to distract me from the negative thoughts and feelings I was having.

Smiley face

I duno. some people tell me (well my grandparents) that you're supposed to be SUPERIOR to everyone else in every way and you should follow up by making your way up to the manager, and speak to him, regardless of what the people in the front tell you you cannot do. It shows you can be asshole because sometimes that's the only way you can get people to respect you (ie by fear) and that's not really respect is it?

Ya :p I started getting "respect" in high school when I started lifting weight and gained a LOT of lean body tissue ;)

Danfalc

Banned
Ive not worked for a while now with being so poorly,but i think Sabbath nailed it..I had a job from when i was 13 till i was 16.And i got that job by ringing enquiring if they needed anyone,they said they did and i just turned up and said im here for work and i got a days trial.

Another time i applied for a cleaning job,the lady said well you have turned up...which is more than most,and said because of that and because i was polite i could have it.

So yeah just turn up..try and be polite..try not to worry about getting nervous,alot of people do even without anxiety.

DaaaBulls

My last interview my boss didn't even ask me any questions except for my availability. The job before that I was asked like 2 simple questions, and the job before that the same thing. Just go out and do it already!

madmike

I've only ever had one job (and interview) but it went alright for me. I could pretty much guess at the questions they were gona ask (why do you want this job? how are you suited to this job? etc) so i prepared some great sounding answers beforehand and got the job immediately. Just tell yourself you'll be in and out within 10-15 minutes and try to big youself up as much as possible. Interviews are easy...

madmike

'I duno. some people tell me (well my grandparents) that you're supposed to be SUPERIOR to everyone else in every way and you should follow up by making your way up to the manager, and speak to him, regardless of what the people in the front tell you you cannot do. It shows you can be asshole because sometimes that's the only way you can get people to respect you (ie by fear) and that's not really respect is it? '

I guess it makes you stand out from the crowd, tells them you really want the job. Maybe i should try this next time !

AsHLeY

You could go through a 'Temp' Agency in order to get a job. There are plenty all over. They give you a paper that has some easy questions which basically just measure whether you can read/write and if you understand safety in the workplace. You just hand it in and they find you a job - no interview at all. The Agency calls you and tells you where you're starting work & what time you show up at. Any workplaces that deal with 'Temp' Agencies have new people starting regularily, so it's not as freaky being the rookie! The only downside is that the Agency gets a couple bucks an hour taken off your pay for finding you the job... but that only lasts about 3 months until the company you're working at hires you on.

dottie

it's difficult to get a job right now. with the economy the way it is there are a ton of people applying for that same position. it used to just be a matter of showing up, having a clean background, and being willing to work. now you have to be the perfect person to get hired. you have to be the whole package- nice clothes, perfect hair, perfect makeup, perfect smile, perfect background experience, perfect credit check, perfect charm, perfectly calmcoolcollected, perfect social butterfly. they have a ton of people to choose from so i feel like i am in some sort of pageant being judged by a panel. which, in all honesty is exactly what it is.

society is ****ing ridiculous. all of this song and dance for what? so you can get a job to slave away. so you can buy a car to drive back and forth to work. so you can buy a house to sleep in in the few hours you have left to yourself. slaving away to buy things that you really never have enough time to enjoy. because you are busy slaving away.

sorry for the rant. i'll shut it now.