HOLY LAUGHTER??!! :O

LA-girl

I don't know about you, but this clip really scared the living crap out of me!! 8O
They call it:
THE HOLY LAUGHTER MOVEMENT...well it sure does not seem very holy to me!!!

WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjujnAs-6tM

The late Kenneth Hagin and not-late Kenneth Copeland are seen here during a pastor's conference in which the crowd was worked up into quite a state. "Holy Laughter", "Spiritual Drinkenness", dancing, thrashing about, falling out etc...

(P.S- I have to point out that I do not agree with any of the statements made in the beginning of the video, as I believe this is not of Jesus or the true Holy spirit...watch and see for yourself.)

Den-riktige-Trollmann-3.jpg

Si

Yea looks pretty far out to any outsider.But have you ever been in a church (pentecostal or not) where holy laughter has broken out ? I have , many years ago and it was the most amazing experience.It was a pentecostal church and the whole congregation was laughing.Its so hard to descibe.But the laughter flowed out even of myself and it was uncontrollable.It must have gone on for over 5 minutes.And of course I believe it was the holy spirit.Its not like the pastor cracked a joke and everybody started laughing.Because even people who I thought were so serious and could never laugh were cracking up too.The inner sence of joy and peace was so overwhelming, it was something I have not experienced before.And I know God's not boring.He wants us to feel good
and have enjoyment too.As it says in his word "Laughter doeth good like a medicine". So I've got no doubt what they are experiencing on the video is real even if it does look totally ridiculous. :lol: :lol:

LA-girl

Hi Si!

I'm just curious to know, do you judge whether or not this holy laughter seance come from the Holy Spirit based on a feeling or by the Bible. Cause I can not find any biblical scriptures to support this mass-laughter.
Nowhere do you see people in the Bible breaking out spontaneously into ‘laughter’ where the person has no control over themselves! In fact, one fruit of the Holy Spirit is SELF-CONTROL (Galatians 5:23).

Also how do you think an intelligent person would react coming to one of these meetings and being presented this, excuse my phrasing, insane behaviour and on top of it all claiming it to be the work of Gods holy spirit??! 8O

That being said, I am all for laughter, and I do believe God has a sense of humour otherwise he would not have created us to laugh...
But I definately do not believe this work is of the Holy Spirit at all. (There might be a spirit or several involved, but Gods holy spirit, no.)
Honestly I think it is making God look like a total fool! :roll:
I mean if that was of God (which I'm convinced it's not) I don't think I would even want to be a christian....

(Sorry if I come across as a little harsh...I just get a little upset about how some "evangelists" portray God, as the Holy Spirit represents Him.)

Si

Hi LA-Girl,
I'm not going to get into some religious debate over this one as it would be totally pointless and achieve nothing.This sought of thing is open to an individuals interpretation of what they think is happening based on their own christain beliefs, christian upbringing and personal experience.But i would like to comment on some of your points anyway.

1/ Biblical scirptures to support mass laughter.Maybe not, but can you show me any scriptures where it is forbidden ?.Anywhere in the bible that says it is a sin for a large gathering of christians to laugh together.The bible was written of a long period of time and of course does not cover every single detail of life in those times so who knows what happened back then that we don't know about.For example if somebody wrote an autobiography about me but they did not mention that I ate breakfast at all, does that mean I never had any breakfast ?I don't mean to pry but have you been filled with the holy spirit ?.Have you personally felt the power of the holy spirit working in your life ?

2/One of the fruits of the holy spirit you say is self control.Yes this is right too.But is not Joy also mentioned as well.I think in this case the term self- control is taken out of context.Self control is required in our lives when it comes to matters of controlling emotions like anger, sexual desires, and many other temptations of course.

But what have we here.We have a large group of believers at a Pastors conference, yes a Pastors conference, not just people from the congregation.And I'm pretty sure there would be at least some intelligent people there.If the holy spirit came upon them and filled them with joy then what is wrong with that ? For a period in ameeting of about 10 minutes maybe ( which could have been a 2 or 3 hour meeting) what does it matter ?Of course a non believeing intelligent person would think it is crazy, and so would many believeing christians.But who is man to tell the holy spirit what to do and when to do it ? Who knows the mind of God but God himself ? The problem with us humans is we try to think logically with our puny little minds to comprehend something that is not logical and because we don't understand it or it does not line up with our belief system it is not of God or evil. And if there are other spirits involved why are they not cursing and swearing and yelling out all soughts of profanities ? Because the holy spirit has filled them with joy, and joy is certainly not an attribute that Satan would bring to an occasion like that.

3/ And on an outside perspective where have you ever seen people in a large group laugh all simultaneously for no apparent reason ? Probably never, because it would have to be triggered by something like a comedy show or alcohol or whatever.
And finally the fact that this was videod and put on the internet was not a bright move by someone.You cannot convey the working of the holy spirit through video.I personally have experienced this kind of outbreak in a church so I have no problem with it.And the sence of joy that I have never experienced before and I can barely explain tells me that nothing else but the holy spirit was involved.Proverbs ch 3 v 5 Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
That verse alone tells me that our own puny minds can be a barrier from really being able to connect with God.Sometimes we need to let go of what we think is right and logical and be guided by the holy spirit.But of course we need to also do this through his word.
But don't get me wrong I still believe there are plenty of bad evangelists out there that are working for themselves and not God but eventually the truth will weed them out.Just some of my thoughts anyway :) :lol: :)

LA-girl

Hi and thank you for responding!

Ok, so you are saying that we do not have to test these extremely weird socalled manifestations by the Holy spirit with the Bible, when in fact God says it very plain that we indeed are to test the SPIRITS to see if they are of God or by demons? (1. John:4) And we are to test them with His word. You know the Bible speaks about false prophets, especially in the last days. The Bible also states that we should come and "reason together." Don't you think it ought to tell you something when an experience although probably intoxicating becomes the center of attention rather than Jesus and studying the Bible?

Only because something makes you feel good, does it mean it has to come from God? Would you say that taking drugs, which can have the same effect, is something God wants us to to because it fills us with extreme happiness for a while? If you watched that video you saw this Hagins talking about being "drunk" in the Holy spirit. Well that is exactly what it looked like, they looked like they all were severely drunk as they could hardly stand or sit and started crawling around on the ground like monkeys!

You mention that joy is a gift if the holy spirit. But laughing uncontrollably for 10 minutes, barking, shaking, falling to the floor and behaving like nutcases is not what I would use to describe this attribute of joy which is supposed to be a part of a persons personality trait rather than a "spell" being poured out by a "pastor" calling it Gods Holy spirit. Excuse me, but it really makes me physically ill for someone to claim this nonsense to be of God. (This is not directed particular to you as you do not claim it, but rather these pastors.)

But again you are saying that you are judging whether this is from God with your feelings when the Bible asks us to test them by His words so that we won't be deceived.

You also asked me if I have experienced the Holy Spirit. Well the Bible says we are to judge whether we have the Holy Spirit or not by its gifts which are "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." So the Bible tells me that it is not a physical experience you are being poured out when you are at a meeting. Yes God can offer us the gifts of the Holy spirit when we need them in order to proclaim the Gospel. That is the purpose of the gifts, in order to help and serve others. For instance the speaking of tongues which were poured out on the early apostles, why? In order to get this intoxicating, high feeling or in order to speak gibberish? NO, it was in order for the apostles to be able to share the gospel with other peoples with other tongues (Tongues=languages). So i.m.o it was not a selfish thing at all, it was in order to share the gospel with people speaking other languages.

You say that Satan/ demons could not bring those kind of manifestations like uncontrollable laughter, barking, crawling on the floor, walking like chickens, hissing like snakes, mooing etc to an occasion like that. In other words behaviour that you would expect to find at a psyciatric hospital and not in Gods holy church! Don't you think that Satan and his demons are trying their best to make God look like a total fool? That is at least the impression I get when watching videos like that and I'm sure many would agree with me here. And I know there are many people who turn away from christianity when being presented episodes like this where they claim it to be the work of God. I certainly would too, if i did not know any better!

I'm sorry but implying this to come from God is in my opinion worse than cursing in church as it make christians and God himself look like total morons, not only to those in church, but to the whole world!