Hire an IT spe******t instead?

peakwary

A colleague got pregnant and has to stay home until she has given birth. She won't be in the office for perhaps 10 months. She's the one in-charge with the online transactions. She has been here from the start and knows everything that should be done. Unfortunately, nobody was trained to do her job. My boss is worried that we cannot monitor all the clients properly. Should we just hire an IT spe******t to loosen my boss' burden of worry?

Last edited:

toowilling

You're lucky if she'll really be back after 10 months. LOL

Why worry if the company is capable of paying a company for an IT support. Since your business in online by nature,I guess this is a no brainer.

onehandclapping

ciali.s is censored on this board? I didn't even know what it meant! just googled, apparently its an erectile dysfunction medication... :question:

as for the question, I guess it comes down to money. can your boss afford to do that?

Last edited:

peakwary

Can your boss afford to do that?

Hi again, sorry for the super late reply. I've been busy with work and forgot that I posted something here. I just noticed when I logged in earlier today.

Anyway, she actually resigned so boohoo for us. Our office is kind of small (around 30-40 employees) and as of now, we're trying to push through with getting a managed service provider. We're too small to have an internal IT dept so the boss opted to outsource them instead. I hope it works for the company.

Do you think outsourcing is better than having your own IT department? I can't do anything about my boss's decision but I just would like to know what your opinions are. TIA