High School Reunion Anybody?

CHAKRAPOINT

Just finished watching american pie: reunion and i feel as if i will be in the same position when my high school reunion comes up. did anyone here go to their runion or is planning on going? after watching that movie i feel like i missed out on a lot and am thinking of not going because i dont want people to look down on me knowing ten years later i am still living with my bparents doing the same stuff that i used to do.

crazypants

Ha! That'll be the day I ever go a reunion. Go back to remininisce about all the misery I went through in school? And make myself feel worse about what I haven't accomplished in my life and how fat I've gotten since school?

Again: Ha!

CHAKRAPOINT

Ha! That'll be the day I ever go a reunion. Go back to remininisce about all the misery I went through in school? And make myself feel worse about what I haven't accomplished in my life and how fat I've gotten since school?

Exactly why i won't go.

ghostgrrl

I wouldn't go for pretty much the same reason. High school was just high school... I didn't really have issues with people nor with me. 'Friends' at school and even at work today were really no more than just acquaintances. I know people and interacted with them in school but just like people at my jobs no one really cared to call me up to hang out or just call me up and talk to me outside of school or work. I've never been married even though I could've in my early 20's and I have no kids, lived away from home since I was 22, got my A.A. degree and have a decent paying job and I'm the only child to live 3,000 miles away from family, rarely asking for financially support(asked 2x in 10yrs for rent/mortgage)... I still feel inadequate and unaccomplished in life mostly to my family. If I lost 60lbs that would give some superficial sense of validity to myself. I really have nothing to show for and there's no one I really want to see except maybe one friend.