HI i have OCD

superario

Hey, welcome to the club.

I have OCD too and looking back at my awkward childhood, I realize that I wasn't just a "weird" kid but I was a weird kid with OCD.

Nice post, by the way. I have recently started to feel the same way. In fact, for the past couple days I have been doing some "self-therapy". When I get the urge to do something irrational I tell myself, out loud, (since this is the only way it works), that I don't have to do it because (insert legit excuse here) and I move on. It's hard and I'm very angry with myself but I need to move on. I've just graduated high school and I'm going to college soon, and I'd like to get a job and get a driver's license and all this time I've been holding back because I was afraid.

I need to move on and live my life the way it deserves to be lived. I don't want to worry anymore. Not when I don't have to. I've already got enough things to worry about now that I'm an "adult".

chrisjurban

hey man! i have ocd thoughts too. i've had them for a long time, but when i was really little i learned what it was and was able to control them with a lot of willpower. that was always the easy part for me. the hard part is what i call "the control"-this state of mind i get into, usually when stressed (though i often won't even notice) where every single aspect of my day must be controlled down to the smallest piece, and where all of my thoughts occur on a black-and-white spectrum. it's always been really difficult for me to describe and i fumble like hell with my words when i'm telling someone about it. usually, nobody gets it. however, i'm slowly learning to cope with the help of an excellent therapist and lots of self-observation.

Apersonalan

I've had ocd and don't think it was never serious because it was waay serious but I'm far better off now then I was to begin with. There's no reason why this can't happen to you or someone else too.

I've healed my ocd a lot at the same time I've changed my personality. Also do you find that when people make you angry that it also gets rid of ocd too? (no thanks to them of course) that's what I want to know about.