hellppppp!!!!

Anonymous

Right, pay attention, this is quite complicated.....
BASICALLY, I'm taking 5 A-Levels in school (A-levels are subjects one takes in the last 2 years, for those who don't know. Most people take 3), and I decided to make a 'fresh start' last Monday, and be all studious and stuff.
THEN, i was lying in bed the night before, and found myself accidentally making a mental pact with God that I'd leave it till this Monday. And then I made a pact last night that I'd leave it till next one.... and so on and so forth.
SO....... what do I do???? Cos this 'new start' will lead somewhere. It'll get me to Oxford Uni, it'll get me 5 a-grades, it'll get me the best job in the world. SO doesn't it make sense to make this 'new start' when I'm not gonna lose my soul? Hellppp!
And don't say 'oh, God won't mind, he won't care', cos for just a few seconds, I DID want to put my new start off.
I just wanna get to heaven.
Katexxx

Niles

What about discussing your situation with a religious figure ??? DO you go to church - could you see someone from there ?

Anonymous

when making pacts like this you might be disappointed in the end because it is not that easy to suddenly "make a fresh start and be all studious". why don't you DO a tiny little step today instead PLANNING one big (and maybe too big) tomorrow? do not plan - make a fresh start right NOW but try to change your thinking instead behaviour. you are a wonderfull person. everything will be great. so take it easy and do only what you are prepared to do.

wish you luck (and God bless you)
:)

Tryin

there's nothing like "accidental" prayers or pacts with God. God sees everything. God knows everything. God understands you better than anyone else (including maybe yourself). God loves you.

so would it be any good if you acted according to the "pact"? do what is best for you. God understands.

Bearly

It sounds to me like your taking on a huge school work load, and it is a bit overwheming to have 5 such courses staring you in the face. Sometimes students bite off more than they can chew in an effort to finish school, they sign up in the summer for a big work load with the best of intentions, and then come fall when they have to do the work, the ethusiasm is not quite there. My guess is in order to force yourself to do this hugh workload, you decided to make a pact with God in the hopes that this will keep you motivated or at least make you do the work.

My understanding of God is that your well being (including mental well being) and happiness are far more important than a pact that you made solely to get the work done. If you go crazy through all this stress you're putting on your self, then neither you or God are going to be very happy. By not doing your workload, you are not an Evil Person (which is all God really cares about), just a person who may have taken on a greater workload than you may be able to handle right now. God is not a tyrant, and so why should he care if you are not overly eager to complete all of your school work.

Stop beating your self up. Maybe drop a few classes so you can handle the work load and be a little happier. I have no doubt that this will make God happier then you being a slave to summer intentions.

lilmissocd

Hey I went through the same thing....thing is, its easy to feel depressed about it and put it off when you think its going to be really hard...just pick one task, do your best, finish it and you will feel so good about it you will want to do more! I did that and now (prob cause I have OCD), I am obsessed with school!