"Hello to all you poms"

Fear of people

"Hi there" I have just joined this site myself and as I am new...I'm introducing myself to the whole world. I currently live in Sydney Australia and happily married but still deciding wether or not to have children.

I have family residing in the Uk as well...I have a mother who lives some where in Coventry... and I have many more cousins and Auntys and Uncles living somewhere in the UK also... who I have never met in my life time.

I came out to Australia when I was 6 months old by ship with my parents.
When I was 7 years old I moved back to the Uk with my mother and my Grandmother.

I lived in the Uk for 2 years and then moved back to Australia to live for good.
I do not remember much of England only parts of it... as I have not been back to the UK since the age of 10.

However I do remember visiting a few ruined castles in coventry and visiting the Blackpool tower and London.

The things I do remember the most about living in the Uk are the two primary schools that I had attended while living over there at the time. One of them was in Blackpool and the other school was in Coventry.

The best thing of all when I attended primary school in the Uk at the time is... that I did not have to wear a school uniform. However in Australia it is compulsory to wear a school uniform.

I also suffer from SP and has ruined my life to the extent that I am now currently unemployed due to the fact I cannot hold down a full time job as to my fear of people staring or critising my work or laughing at me.

When I last had a job... I use to suffer from a lot of tension headaches due to worrying about what other people may be thinking about me at the time and I could not concentrate on my job due to this life ruining anxiety of mine.

I prefer to stay at home these days...than having to face the fear of people staring and judging every little thing that people do in every day life.

It is very hard to hold down a job if you suffer from SP because it becomes to stressful..."well for me it was anyway" and maybe to many others out there who also suffers from this dreadfull phobia.

Is there anyone else out there who are also unemployed due to SP...I am so interested to know... that I am not the only one out there who is currently unemployed due to SP.

FOR REAL

Banned
i had the same problem with my last 'proper' job, it was in a factory just doing manual labour work, i just wanted to hide all the time, i would cry in the morning when my alarm went off, i fkn hated it.
eventually i was signed onto sickness benefit.

im scottish, so am i a pom, or is it just english? i always wondered that!
not that it really matters though

IceLad

Is there anyone else out there who are also unemployed due to SP...I am so interested to know... that I am not the only one out there who is currently unemployed due to SP.

You are by no means the only one!

It's been over two years now since I last did any paid work (and it's pretty scary how fast that time has flown by). :eek:

There is no doubt that in terms of health conditions, SP is definitely one of the worst things you can have when it comes to getting a job.

And welcome to the forum by the way! :cool::cool::cool:

Noca

Banned
You are by no means the only one!

It's been over two years now since I last did any paid work (and it's pretty scary how fast that time has flown by). :eek:

There is no doubt that in terms of health conditions, SP is definitely one of the worst things you can have when it comes to getting a job.

And welcome to the forum by the way! :cool::cool::cool:

I'm unemployed due to SA too. Im on disability instead.

dooby-duck

The only reason I have a job is that I work for my parents, so I can influence situations to avoid stuff. I'd hate to think what I would be like in a proper job.